In November, Sai Gopalan, Product Line Marketing Manager at VMware reported on VMware Cloud on AWS availability in the AWS GovCloud (US) Region. This means we are now in a total of 10 AWS Regions across multiple AWS Availability Zones globally. In addition, we are also announcing new capabilities for VMware Cloud on AWS.
Key value propositions include:
More secure infrastructure to meet stringent security and privacy controls:
- Leverages the extensive certifications of AWS GovCloud (US).
- Deployed on dedicated, elastic bare-metal Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) infrastructure and more.
Industry-leading capabilities for production applications:
- Run, manage, and protect production applications in a seamlessly integrated hybrid IT environment.
- Innovate and respond to changing agency demands with the rich capabilities of VMware SDDC for any application, coupled with the elastic infrastructure of the AWS GovCloud (US), and the breadth and depth of AWS services.
- Seamlessly move workloads bi-directionally between vSphere-based infrastructure and the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
Simple and consistent operations to eliminate retraining and rework:
- Continue to use established on-premises governance and operational policies and extend that with the cloud security and availability that AWS GovCloud (US) brings.
- Accelerate cloud migrations from months and years to weeks and days by eliminating the rework associated with re-architecting production applications with consistent infrastructure across vSphere-based infrastructure and the AWS GovCloud (US) and more.
Flexible cloud consumption with rapid time to value:
- Deliver agility and rapid time to value with the ability to spin up an entire VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) in the AWS GovCloud (US) region in under two hours and scale host capacity in minutes.
- Align costs to your business needs with flexible consumption options and investment protection and more
Availability of GovCloud
To view the latest status of features for VMware Cloud on AWS, visit: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws/roadmap.
- Learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud by visiting our dedicated website at:https://cloud.vmware.com/govcloud. If you are interested, please contact your VMware sales team.
- Get started now with VMware Cloud on AWS:http://vmwa.re/vmc-getstarted
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at:https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview
- Learn more about VMware Site Recovery at:http://cloud.vmware.com/vmware-site-recovery
- Obtain our VMware Cloud on AWSSolution Brief and TCO 1-pager
- Follow our release notes on continuing updates here: vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-on-AWS/0/rn/vmc-on-aws-relnotes.html
- Check out ourYouTube channel
- Follow us on Twitter to keep up with what is new on VMware Cloud on AWS @vmwarecloudaws and @vmwareTAP
- VMWARE CLOUD ON AWS VALIDATION PROGRAM: Calling all partners, email email@example.com if you would like to validate your ISV solution on VMware Cloud on AWS.