VMware is very pleased to announce that we received a 2023 Customers’ Choice distinction for VMware SD-WAN™ in the 2023 Gartner Peer Insights Voice of the Customer for SD-WAN report. Click here to read the full report.
- VMware is the only vendor in the Customers’ Choice Quadrant for the SD-WAN Midsize Enterprise Segment.
- We’re also in the Customers’ Choice Quadrant in the North America segment.
- Users rated VMware SD-WAN a 4.7 out of 5 based on 84 reviews as of December 2022. We have also been peer-recognized in every category: Product Capabilities (4.7/5), Sales Experience (4.6/5), Deployment Experience (4.7/5), and Support Experience (4.7/5).
- Over the last 12 months, 96 percent of verified customers would recommend VMware SD-WAN.
Our customers are the reason for everything we do. We thank you and we appreciate you for partnering with us over the years. Here is just a small selection of the positive customer comments that led to this distinction:
- “The VMware SASE solution is very easy to set up and operate and provides a wide range of features and capabilities to meet the needs of SMB and Enterprise scale networks. Our wide area network connectivity has improved in both quality and reliability since deploying the VMware SASE solution. VMware worked closely with us during the POC and deployment phases in order to insure that our understanding of the product was complete and thorough, and our deployment would be able to be completed without any major difficulties. VMware has provided us with high quality and responsive support when needed, and most times has helped us to resolve issues quickly.” Senior network engineer, banking. Read the full review.
- “Quick and easy SD-WAN deployments in Azure and AWS.” Lead network security analyst, telecommunications. Read the full review.
- “Working with VMware SD-WAN product is always a great experience both for customer and supplier. It simplify most of the complicated things, like central and ease of provisioning, plug and play with simple activation, simple one click connectivity methods (Full mesh / partial mesh), very ease of extending overlay to cloud and much more loaded features with very less administration.” Network specialist, IT services. Read the full review.
- “Failover you can’t live without!” Director of IS, education. Read the full review.
- “This solution scales very well and install for our operations team is extremely efficient. Has provided our remote sites with direct connectivity to our internal network that our previous solution could not do.” Principal engineer, Miscellaneous. Read the full review.
- “SD-WAN could not have been simplified more.” Senior network engineer, retail. Read the full review.
Read more VMware SD-WAN verified customer reviews on the Gartner Peer Insights website.
“We believe that because the Customers’ Choice distinction comes directly from user feedback, this recognition is a result of the customer focus that drives us. As we drive WAN transformation with our customers and partners to deliver a complete solution for organizations in any region and across every industry, being named an industry-leading offering validates our position to support customers as they embrace a new edge reality.”Sanjay Uppal, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider and Edge, VMware, in a press release
The VMware SD-WAN advantage
Market-leading VMware SD-WAN, the foundation of VMware SASE™, has a matchless array of features that bring cloud-delivered networking, security, and AIOps together with compute to support ubiquitous access for a distributed workforce, along with modern edge applications.
- VMware SD-WAN Client: Enterprises need an SD-WAN solution for employees on the road, or when a hardware appliance is not feasible. The VMware SD-WAN Client follows the principles of zero trust to extend the benefits of reliable, optimal, and secure connectivity for end user devices.
- Global PoPs: VMware and its partners provide over 200 points of presence (PoPs) around the world to simplify connectivity to the cloud and SaaS. The PoPs have direct paths to cloud and SaaS providers, for low-latency handoff without the need for IT to deploy SD-WAN resources in cloud provider networks.
- Dynamic Multipath Optimization™ (DMPO): Ensuring a reliable user experience requires understanding the network and adapting to network issues in real time. Beyond simple error correction, DMPO ensures high bandwidth, reliable connectivity, and the lowest latency for business-critical application traffic.
- Interoperability: Architected based on the concept that “the cloud is the network,” VMware SD-WAN and SASE support a wide range of services offered by AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, including AWS Cloud WAN, Azure Virtual WAN, and Google Cloud Network Connectivity Center.
- Integrated AIOps: Maintaining a rich user experience with cloud applications is easy with VMware SD-WAN. In addition to collecting application performance information, integrated VMware Edge Network Intelligence™ uses network statistics to understand and communicate the root cause of degraded application performance—even in the Wi-Fi networks of work-from-home users.
- Security certifications: VMware meets the strict security standards for products sold to US Federal government agencies including FedRAMP, SOC2 Type 2, and ICSA certifications. Customers can feel confident about the integrity of VMware SD-WAN and SASE to secure their networks and users.
- Edge security choices: Customize and enforce intelligent security policies across the network. Easily interoperate with third-party firewall and cloud security services. Protect, prioritize, and isolate traffic via zero trust end-to-end segmentation.
About the distinction
The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice recognizes vendors in the SD-WAN market based on reviews from verified end-user professionals. The Customers’ Choice distinction takes into account both the number of reviews and the overall user ratings. To ensure fair evaluation, Gartner maintains rigorous criteria for recognizing vendors with a high customer satisfaction rate.
Gartner, Voice of the Customer for SD-WAN, Peer Contributors, 15 March 2023. Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark and Peer Insights and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Read the press release announcing VMware’s recognition as a 2023 Gartner® Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for VMware SD-WAN.
- Receive a courtesy copy of the 2023 Gartner Peer Insights Voice of the Customer for SD-WAN report.
- VMware was recently recognized as a Leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for SD-WAN for the fifth consecutive year.
- Visit the VMware SD-WAN and SASE web pages