On June 13, 2017, VMware released an updated version of its vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 solution. VMware vRealize Business for Cloud automates cloud costing analysis, consumption metering, cloud comparison and planning, delivering the cost visibility and business insights you need to run your cloud more efficiently. Below is a summary of what’s new in this release of vRealize Business for Cloud.
Private Cloud – vSphere
- Whitelist or Blacklist machines or clusters from vRBC data collection – You can select a set of virtual machines or clusters to add into vRealize Business for Cloud, instead of adding the complete vCenter Server.
- To GET a list of current blacklisted clusters in a vCenter: python /usr/ITFM-Cloud/va-tools/bin/partialVC.py GET <vcenter-url>
- To ADD some clusters which are to be ignored: python /usr/ITFM-Cloud/va-tools/bin/partialVC.py SET <vcenter-url> <cluster-name1> <cluster-name2>
Public Cloud – Azure & AWS
- Azure & AWS are now considered a first class citizen in vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3, which provides the detailed costing, pricing mechanism, showback information, and VM Statistics for Non-EA accounts.
- You can now define pricing policies for Azure virtual machines that are deployed directly on Azure and are deployed by vRealize Automation.
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 can provide upfront price for Azure blueprint and if a Azure machine is deployed from vRealze Automation, vRealize Business for Cloud can compute cost-to-date.
Procurement Planning Enhancements
- Simulate specific VM configuration and run a scenario to view capacity and plan procurement
- Compare single or multiple datacenters
- Configurable resources from CPU to Memory to Storage
Pricing Methodology Enhancements
- Global Pricing model based on usage or utilization for CPU, Memory and Storage
- Service provider administrators can select their pricing preference
- Define Depreciation Method for Hardware Costing
- Straight Line
- Double Declining Balance
License and Roles
- Support multiple license keys. You can now enter multiple license keys as part of license administration.
- Additional access for vRealize Suite Standard license key.
- The roles now match across all installation
- Schedule a Report. You can now schedule and email a custom report or the out-of-the-box reports to a set of recipients on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Updates to the Daily Price Report. vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 calculates the virtual machine price accurately based on its CPU, storage and memory resource utilization or allocation and its change within a day.
- New Reports. Additional reports are added in vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3:
- Azure Instances
- Azure Resources
- Several out-of-the-box reports (that provides operational and cost visibility)
- Enhanced Public APIs of Reports. You can now use the Public APIs to generate reports in the VMware Identity Manager integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup.
- Tighter integration with vRealize Operations Manager.
- Compatible with latest versions of VMware solutions. see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix.
- Support VMware NSX Manager.