MongoDB database is more scalable and provide superior performance, and their data model addresses several issues that the relational model is not designed to address:
- Large volumes of rapidly changing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Agile sprints, quick schema iteration, and frequent code pushes
- Object-oriented programming that is easy to use and flexible
- Geographically distributed scale-out architecture instead of expensive, monolithic architecture
MongoDB fits easily into your existing IT infrastructure and processes & SNMP support connects it with your management and monitoring tools.
MongoDB content pack provides an organized and useful location for all logging based activity across the Database Cluster.
Dashboards, Fields, and Alerts provided by the MongoDB Database Content Pack put you one click away from in depth analytics and event analysis. Log events are analyzed and categorized to optimize usability and insight.
VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.0+
Scalable, Fast and Reliable
MongoDB is easy to set up, operate, and scale even in cloud deployments. From high availability to scalability, security to disaster recovery.
Replica sets in the database provide high availability using automatic failover. Replica set members keep the same data set but are otherwise independent members and if the primary member becomes unavailable, an eligible secondary member holds an election to elect itself as a new primary.
How to setup MongoDB to send logs to vRealize Log Insight:
- Install the Log Insight agent on each Mongod/Mongos you would like to monitor.
- Configure the mongodb.conf and mongod.conf to enable the desired verbosity level. More information on the confutation files here:https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/configuration-options/
- Record the IP address of the instance to record in the Log Insight Agent Group.
NOTE: By default, the verbosity level is 0. This will constrict the number of log messages sent to log insight and therefore limit the capabilities of the platform.Log Insight Setup:
1. Import the Content Pack.
2. Configure a log agent using the `MongoDB` imported group.
3. Change the DIRECTORY in the Log_Files configuration to the directory of the log files on the monitored machine.
4. Enter the IP addresses from the MongoDB Cluster setup in the filter on the Agent Configuration UI.
The updated content pack can be found on the solutions exchange or via your Log Insight Server’s Content Pack Marketplace UI.