What’s New in Workspace ONE UEM 1810
The latest updates and features for Workspace ONE UEM 1810 are now available! The 1810 release highlights include major console updates, and new features for Apple, Android, and Windows 10. Watch this What’s New video to quickly overview this release’s highlights. Additionally, you can expand the drop-down menus to review the features covered in the video.
Console Updates and More in 1810
The latest release of Workspace ONE UEM boasts a number of exciting updates and new features for the console:
- Versioning – Our console releases now follow a new versioning format. Instead of using the traditional major.minor version numbers, the console now uses a date driven model represented by a year and month (YYMM). Workspace ONE UEM 1810 is the first release to follow the new schema. Its build version is 184.108.40.206 (YY.MM.M.P) where M = maintenance and P = patch.
- Build Info – Additional build info is now displayed in the console on the About page. For 1810, the build version displays as 220.127.116.11 (YY.MM.M.P) where M = maintenance and P = patch.
- Hub to Monitor – Now, the central portal that gives you fast access to all critical information is called Monitor.
- Agent to Hub – The AirWatch Agent productivity app has been renamed VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
- Send Feedback – Participate in an optional survey and tell us about your experience with Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Hub Configureation Page – Hub Services makes delivering a true digital workspace experience easier than ever before.
- Enterprise System Connector Decoupling – The VMware Enterprise Systems Connector split into two components which you can install separately or together. As a result of the split, the Enterprise Systems Connector System Settings page was renamed the Cloud Connector page.
New Apple Features
Check out the latest features for macOS and iOS devices:
- App Blocking for macOS – Define applications that might block the clean installation of an app to ensure apps install cleanly.
- Privacy Preferences Control Profile for macOS – Use this new MDM configuration profile payload to manage data access consent on behalf of the user.
- MDM Install Command Support for macOS – Deploy enterprise application through the bootstrap package feature using the newest MDM command.
- Skip SIM Setup Screen for iOS – For iOS 12.1 devices configured for DEP in Apple Business Manager, skip the SIM setup option in the Setup Assistant.
- Improved App Management for tvOS – Manage enterprise developed tvOS applications the same as iOS by adding new versions, renewing mobile provisioning profiles, setting app configuration values, and installing these applications on demand.
The 1810 release also includes a number of enhancements for Android management:
- Corporate-Owned Personally-Enabled Devices – Set separate policy settings for work and personal applications and achieve flexible deployment options for Android devices by using Corporate Owned Personally Enabled (COPE) deployment method.
- SafetyNet Attestation API – Use this new API to assess the security and compatibility of the Android environments in which your applications run.
- Samsung Knox Profile Settings – Use new settings in the Firewall, Passcode, and Restrictions profile payloads for enhanced management capabilities.
- Per-App VPN for Android – Select Tunnel for both Android Enterprise and Legacy Android.
Windows 10 Updates
Here are the latest and greatest Windows 10 features:
- New Kiosk Profile – The new Kiosk profile allows you to configure the device Start menu with the apps and groupings you want.
- Remove Custom Settings – A new text box in the Custom Settings profile allows you to add the removal code for your custom XML.
- Windows Updates Enhancements – Auto-approve all Feature Updates and Drivers for download in the Windows Update profile.