Home > Blogs > VMware Education & Certification

New Certification & Exams: VCP6.5-DCV

VMW-LGO-CERT-PRO-6.5-DATA-CTR-VIRTIntroducing a new certification: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

VMware vSphere 6.5 enables companies to accelerate their digital transformation to cloud computing and introduces a number of new features and capabilities that increases business agility. With that much change, this new certification provides you an opportunity to prove your expertise in the latest version of the industry-leading virtualization platform.

For those who already have your VCP, this new VCP provides a new path and recertification opportunity.

There are three exams associated with this new certification:

1. vSphere 6.5 Foundations (exam # 2V0-602)
          Ed. note: registration for this exam opens on 4/24/17
  2. VCP6.5-DCV elective exam (exam # 2V0-622)
  3. VCP6.5-DCV delta exam (exam # 2V0-622D)

More details on the certification requirements, and the specific exam objectives can be found at the links above.

34 thoughts on “New Certification & Exams: VCP6.5-DCV

1. mert

Thanks for your reply; is there an ETA in the beta exam? After 7 years as GDP I think it’s time to go a bit further.

1. Karl ChildsKarl Childs Post author

First, congrats! Your certification is current for two years from the date you earned your VCIX6. You can move to 6.5 when you’re ready or when it makes sense.

1. Jeff

Thank you. My VCAPs say they have no expiration in my portal. And I believe I read I. Some blog they do not expire. Is that a changed policy now? 2 years seems like a ridiculously short amount of time for a VCIX expiration. After all you need to take 2 VCAPs and that may take 4-6 months to prepare. With you guys new polices honestly what is the point of certifying anymore? Your life will simply become studying and paying for exams. I urge you guys to rethink that. I think many people will just forgoe certification. It will become way to costly and time consuming.

1. Mark

Jeff, before you freak out more, go and read the recertification policy. The 2 year policy only refers to VCP.

1. Karl Childs

Thanks Mark, that is right. I didn’t state that clearly: earning your VCIX resets your VCP expiration date. There are no VCIX or VCAP recertification requirements.

1. Steve

I have a voucher for VCP6-DCV but wasn’t planning on taking it for another couple of months. With this 6.5 announcement – does it make sense for me to skip the 6 and wait for 6.5 (and will my voucher still be valid?)? Or should I just get the VCP6 and then can do the delta exam (is the delta meant for 6->6.5?)?

How will this affect certification credential status if I get a VCP6 soon?

Thanks

1. Karl ChildsKarl Childs Post author

Hi Steve, I believe the voucher is still good for any VCP exam, but since there different types of vouchers, I would confirm with certification@vmware.com for the specific one you have.

It’s up to you on whether to earn the VCP6 or VCP6.5 right away. The advantage of earning the VCP6 now and then taking the delta is that you will then have two certifications in your transcript, along with the associated badges you can share. But it does require one additional exam (the delta)…so you’ll have to determine what makes the most sense for you.

Your certification status will be updated at any time you earn a new credential. So if you, for example, earn the VCP6 tomorrow, but then update to VCP6.5 in a month, your certification status will be current for two years from the time you earned the VCP6.5.

BTW, re: the delta, it covers the gap from 5.5. to 6.5, aligned to the What’s New (5.5 to 6.5) course. But it still applies to those upgrading from v6, since the questions are all based on the 6.5 product.

Thanks,
      Karl

1. Karl ChildsKarl Childs Post author

Hi Chris, I confirmed with Pearson today that the exam is live. However, it was still in the Beta section. It has now been moved to the Professional section, so you should be able to register.

Thanks,
      Karl

1. Karl ChildsKarl Childs Post author

Hi, the Academy version is ready. However, I am not sure of the roll-out within the Academy program, so I’ll forward your note to that team so that they can communicate, update the web page, etc appropriately. Thanks for the note.

Thanks,
      Karl

2. Santi

Hi Karl,

I passt last week the vSphere 6.0 Foundations (exam # 2V0-620), can I take the VCP6.5-DCV – (exam # 2V0-622)?

Thanks,
    Santi

1. Karl Childs

Correct Bruno.

Santi, you may take the VCP6.5 exam and have the 6.0 Foundations exam also count towards the VCP6.5 certification.

Thanks,
        Karl

3. Pingback: New VMware certification exams announced (6.5 version)

4. James

Hi Karl,

Do you have any idea on the retirement date of VCP6-DCV certification?
    Last date to register for exams?

Thanks,
    James

1. Karl Childs

Hi James, there are no retirement dates set for the VCP6-DCV. It is still a very relevant certification so will still be available for a while. We will provide plenty of notice via this blog and on our web site when we announce a date of retirement.

Thanks,
      karl

5. Trevor Smith

Will a Educational VCP6-DCV discount voucher work on a VCP6.5-DCV exam?

Just passed the VCP6-DCV last month, but used the the 6.5 content to study for the 6.0 exam. So why the heck not. 😉

1. Karl Childs

Hi Trevor, I got confirmation, yes, that voucher will work for the VCP6.5 exam.

Good luck!

6. Rahman

There is some confusion with exam codes. Certification section is showing vSphere 6.5 Foundations exam code as 2V0-602. But Exam guide is showing it as 2V1-602. Which one is correct?

Secondly, I cant fine any of these codes under Pearson Vue exam list., only 2V0-620 is there.

1. Karl Childs

Thanks Rahman for catching that. The correct code is 2V0-602, as is on the web site. It looks like the wrong code (2V1-602 was the beta code) was missed and not changed in the Exam Prep Guide. I’ll forward that to the Exam Project Manager so she can get it corrected.

I am not sure why it’s not showing on the Pearson site. It should have been up there as of yesterday. I am contacting them now and hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.

Thanks,
      Karl

1. Rahman

You are welcome Karl. Thanks for the clarification. I am trying from India, may be the Pearson site is not updated yet., I will check again tomorrow.

1. Karl Childs

Hi Rahman, I identified the issue – it has to do with the differences between online and test center exams and how they’re published. It may be until Monday before that link is there, although you may continue to check.

Thanks!
          Karl

7. Mark

The “Exam Guide” link on both the 2V0-622 and 2V0-622D pages link to the same “Delta” exam guide.

Are the exams in fact identical, or should 2V0-622 have a unique exam guide?

8. Crtp

Karl,
    When I did the 5.5 delta exam we are given a voucher which I think gave us 50% off the exam.

I did that delta exam and then I also did my VCP 6.0 for full price.

Will there be a delta voucher this time? For current VCP 6.0s?

Thanks

9. CRTP

I checked and it was actually a 60% off voucher for my upgrade to VCP 6.0…

Will there be some voucher for delta?? I hope so!!!

10. Osama Hanna

Hello,

i need to the the validity of the old Exam VCP6 , as i’m currently studying the VCP course and supposed to finish on 10-5-2017, do i have to study the new track of i can complete the old version of the course

BR,