Technology adoption is a continuous cycle, and expectations are high that your investments will quickly add value to your organization. That very expectation is the impetus behind VMware Success 360, a comprehensive success offering. It has 4 key components: Technical Adoption Management, Accelerators, Digital Learning, and Prioritized and Proactive Support. Read the eBook for an overview of VMware Success 360.
Success Plans identify the activities needed to achieve a customer’s desired outcomes. It includes VMware Success 360 Accelerators and Digital Learning for accomplishing specific tasks and achieving specific outcomes. There are approximately 500 Accelerators available to VMware Success 360 customers.
This blog, the first in a series, will explore how Accelerators (read the eBook to learn about the different types and lifecycle stages) are organized into Success Pathways to help customers achieve specific outcomes. Before delving into the Success Pathway for remote work enabled by VMware Horizon®, it’s worth pointing out there are often multiple types of Accelerators for the same activity. For example, some Accelerators have the option of an on-demand webinar, guided workshop, or even a build workshop. Customers can choose the type of help they prefer, or a combination of types, such as an on-demand webinar followed by a build workshop for a specific activity.
Enable Remote Work with VMware Horizon Success Pathway
Virtual desktops delivered by Horizon are a great way to ensure your workforce has the applications they need to work remotely from any device. To fully enable your remote workforce with Horizon there are several Accelerators and products to consider for delivering the best experience to your end users. This Success Pathway can help you achieve your objective and prepare your team for managing the Horizon environment.
Task 1 – Build a Horizon Foundation
To start we need to build a good foundation for the platform, along with building our foundational knowledge of Horizon. This stage of the Success Pathway combines enablement Accelerators to build skills and knowledge of Horizon along with build workshops for some of the components to plan the deployment.
- VMware Horizon Technical Overview – Includes product documentation, hands-on labs, and the Horizon Activity Path within TechZone to gain an understanding of Horizon and its features.
- Horizon Cloud Control Plane On-Demand Webinar – Provides a walkthrough of the installation and configuration of VMware Horizon Cloud Control Plane.
- Horizon Cloud Control Plane Installation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the implementation of the base components of the Horizon Cloud Control Plane. These components include the Cloud Connector and configuration of Cloud Control Plane console and features.
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™ Technical Overview – Learn more about VMware Unified Access Gateways for Secure Remote Access in Horizon environments. This content will help you become familiar with some common vocabulary and technical concepts.
- Unified Access Gateway Installation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the implementation of the base components of VMware Unified Access Gateway integration into a single Horizon Pod.
Task 2 – Implement VMware App Volumes™
As you onboard more use cases you may want to expand the features to make Application Management more efficient. This stage of the Success Pathway uses build and guide workshops to help you deploy App Volumes following architectural best practices and package applications.
- App Volumes Installation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert assists with the implementation of the base components of App Volumes. These components include the App Volumes Managers and database.
- App Volumes Applications Guided Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will provide you with a walkthrough of App Volumes packages and applications, including assigning them to end users for consumption.
- App Volumes Applications Implementation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the implementation of App Volumes packages and applications.
Task 3 – Implement VMware Dynamic Environment Manager™
For many use cases, you will need to consider how you will manage user settings. This stage of the Success Pathway uses enablement Accelerators to build your knowledge of VMware Dynamic Environment Manager and provides a workshop to install the base component and configure settings.
- Technical Overview Video – This video discusses Dynamic Environment Manager and some common vocabulary and technical concepts.
- Overview and Installation Options On-Demand Webinar – This on-demand webinar provides a walkthrough of Dynamic Environment Manager architecture and installation considerations.
- Dynamic Environment Manager Installation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the implementation of the base components of Dynamic Environment Manager on-premises. These components include the Group Policies and Management console.
- Dynamic Environment Manager User Profiles Implementation Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the implementation of user and application settings using Dynamic Environment Manager.
Task 4 – Optimize User Experience
Ensuring that your workforce has a good VDI experience is critical to success. This stage of the Success Pathway will assist with the configuration of the parent image to get the best performance and user experience.
- Enhance End User Experience On-Demand Webinar – This on-demand webinar provides a walkthrough of key concepts to enhance the user experience on VMware Horizon. We will discuss key concepts from desktop optimization to display protocol considerations.
- Horizon Enhance User Experience Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with optimizing the Horizon golden images and display protocol to enhance the user experience.
Task 5 – Add Horizon Use Cases, Pools, and Applications
With the foundation built, now we can look at adding use cases to the platform.
- Define Horizon Service Offerings Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will help define the services class and service lifecycle to accelerate the adoption of Horizon.
- Horizon Virtual Desktops and Published Apps Build Workshop – A VMware subject matter expert will assist with the setup and configuration of Horizon Virtual Desktops and Published Apps.
Find the right Accelerators for you!
While you may be thinking 500 Accelerators are a lot to choose from, you’re right! They can be sorted in several different ways to find what you need. However, that’s exactly why we’ve organized them into Success Pathways to help you achieve specific objectives quickly. And if you’ve already completed some of the tasks in a Success Pathway within your environment, you can leverage whichever Accelerators fit your needs. These Accelerators and Success Pathways are designed to give you the help you need when you need it. Ask your VMware Success 360 Technical Adoption Manager for help accessing Success Pathways now!
Tune in for the next blog in the series which will explore another Success Pathway. And for those of you who don’t have VMware Success 360 – you really should. Ask your VMware Sales representative for more information.