Each version of the NSX migration tool for NSX-V to NSX-T is getting better and better, more and more blockers are being removed. This version is no exception. Version 1.3.1 and now Cloud Director 10.3.2 has a lot of new migration and NSX-T capabilities covered, making your migration as smooth as possible.
The NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director tool version 1.3.1 supports several new features.
- Migration to a target NSX-T provider VDC managed by a different vCenter Server instance
- Route advertisement enhancements for fully routed network topology
- DHCP static binding
- DHCP relay on the Edge Gateway
- Enhanced network pool support: port group backed network pool, network pool backed by multiple VDS, migration of organization VDC without network pool
- IPsec VPN enhancement: certificate based authentication, SHA-256 digest algorithm
- VMs using automated IP Pool address assignment will retain their IP address after the migration
- Updated assessment mode
Find out much more detail on each one of these in the Feature Fridays. Please also remember to run your migration assessments with this new release (when you have downloaded it) and send the report output back to v2t-assessments@VMware.com.