Get the latest updates here relevant to Cloud Provider Partners
The world has drastically changed over the last couple of years. People and companies around the world had to take swift action to combat that change. VMware has been at the forefront to introduce new and expanded capabilities to empower customers, help improve business resilience, and prepare for the new distributed, hybrid workforce of the future.
Digital workspace solutions are becoming integral necessities to take the business of your customers forward. We know that our cloud provider partners have to juggle a lot of things at once and we understand that keeping track of all the changes can be hard. We want to make sure you are always up to date on the innovative solutions that can best help solve your customer challenges. This blog compiles all the latest product versions under the digital workspace umbrella and explains why you should move to the latest release. We will continue this blog series on a monthly/quarterly basis to keep you updated.
Below is information on the recent product launches. After that, there is a list that encompasses offerings for both Rental and MSP.
What are the latest launches:
- Workspace Assist for Horizon: It is a real-time remote support solution for virtual desktops that enables your customers to maximize employee experience and reduce total cost ownership (TCO), with remote view and control capabilities. To learn more, go to the product webpage here.
- Employee Essentials: With this, your customers can easily enable all employees, on every device, no matter where they work, with the best employee experience for the Anywhere Workforce. When the need arises, Employee Essentials can also be paired with other Workspace ONE services to enhance the employee experience. To learn more about the offering, go to the announcement blog here.
- Horizon 8: Horizon 8 ensures secure delivery of virtual desktops and apps with a modern platform that supports any cloud for today’s future-ready workforce. The latest version, Horizon 8 2106, improves capabilities for the following components:
- Horizon Connection Server
- Horizon Agent
- Horizon Agent for Linux
- Horizon GPO Bundle
- Horizon Client
To learn more about why you should move to this version and how, please go to the release notes here.
- Horizon DaaS: The VMware Horizon DaaS Platform was built from the ground up for service providers to deliver workspaces as a cloud service. Some of the unique features of the platform include multi-tenancy and elastic scalability. The latest version, Horizon DaaS 9.1.1, is now available for download and supports the use of VMware NSX-T data center for greenfield deployments of Horizon DaaS. To learn more about why you should move to this version, please go to the release notes here.
- Horizon Cloud: VMware Horizon Cloud delivers virtual desktops and applications from the cloud, to any device — all from a single cloud-based control plane. The latest version, Horizon Cloud Service 2109, improves aspects of certain components such as Horizon pods and Universal Broker. To learn more about why you should move to this version, please go to the release notes here.
- Workspace One UEM: Workspace ONE UEM reduces costs, boosts productivity, and delivers a great employee experience with an intelligence-driven, cloud-first UEM. It is a single solution for modern, over-the-air management of desktops, mobile, rugged, wearables, and IoT. The latest version, Workspace One UEM 2107, improves aspects of certain components such as app and content management. To learn more about why you should move to this version, please go to the release notes here.
- Workspace One Intelligence: It allows your customers’ IT teams to get integrated insights and automation to proactively improve digital employee experience, strengthen security risk compliance, and optimize operations. The latest version, VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence 21.09.29, has few updates containing general quality and performance improvements with no new features. To read further, go to the release notes here.
- Workspace One Assist: It allows your customers to enable IT and help desk staff to remotely support employees with device tasks and issues, directly from the Workspace ONE console. The latest version, Assist 21.03.01, has few updates containing general quality and performance improvements with no new features. To read further, go to the release notes here.
- Workspace One Access: It is designed to provide your customers with faster access to the digital workspace with multi-factor authentication, conditional access, and single sign-on to SaaS, web, and native mobile apps. The latest version, Access 21.08, the access connector includes a new Virtual App service that supports integrating VMware Horizon and Citrix virtual apps. To learn more about the other changes and how it helps your business, read the release notes here.
Learning more about the Digital Workspace world for cloud providers:
To be up to date with all the latest offerings and solutions helping you solve customer challenges, please follow some of the following resources:
VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone blog
All our VMworld 2021 Anywhere Workspace, Workspace ONE, and Horizon Announcements
VMware Horizon Documentation
Partner Connect – Workspace One
Partner Connect – Horizon
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your VMware contacts with any questions. We look forward to helping you grow your business and help you serve your customers in the best possible way.