Discover high-value Monitoring-as-a-Service
Welcome to the VMworld Rewind blog series for cloud partners. We’re here to make sure you didn’t miss any of the key highlights from VMworld 2020 and are fully aware of the latest innovations from VMware. In part 3 of the series, we recap important announcements for high-value Monitoring-as-a-service with vRealize Operations and how it can help you build recurring revenue through new managed services. You’ll find key VMworld sessions, demos, and other resources that you may have missed to help you prepare you for these new offerings.
Expand your business with high-value Monitoring-as-a-Service
VMware is committed to helping Cloud Providers unlock new revenue streams and grow their business. As a provider, you can monetize high-value Monitoring-as-a-service with vRealize Operations (both on-prem and SaaS) and the Tenant App for Cloud Director to:
- Accelerate Top Line growth by monetizing large professional and managed service opportunities, like offering ongoing Capacity Planning Services for your customers
- Drive OpEx and CapEx efficiencies by proactively managing and reducing costs, such as helping customers repurpose underutilized and overprovisioned resources towards key strategic projects
- Enhance Customer Experience by leveraging vRealize Operations and Tenant App functionalities, like offering self-service tenant facing operational dashboards and reports for proactive management of tenant resources
We covered these opportunities in more detail in a must-watch VMworld session. Watch the on-demand session to learn more:
- VMworld On-Demand Session (HCPS2449) – Expand Cloud Provider Business: Deliver High-Value Monitoring-as-a-Service
New vRealize Operations 8.2 Release expands reach
vRealize Operations 8.2 and vRealize Operations Cloud became generally available Oct 6th following announcements at VMworld. New innovations continue to make vRealize Operations the holistic self-driving IT operations management platform for private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The latest release in vRealize Operations—both on-prem and SaaS editions—introduces key new enhancements to support application-aware troubleshooting, Kubernetes support, greater extensibility, and improved ease of use.
To learn more, please check out the following key resources:
- “What’s New in vRealize Operations 8.2” Hands-on-Lab (HOL-2101-94-ISM)
- “Announcing vRealize Operations 8.2” blog
- “Announcing GA of vRealize Operations 8.2 and vRealize Operations Cloud” blog
New vRealize Operations Tenant App simplifies multi-tenant management
The new vRealize Operations Tenant App for VMware Cloud Director (VCD) enables providers to monetize value-added monitoring services by offering tenants improved visibility of their multi-tenant environments with custom alerts and reports as a service.
Tenant App is now able to collect metrics from VCD Container Service Extension, Cloud Director Availability, NSX-T, and VCD App Launchpad. The expanded collection capabilities enables Cloud Providers to meter apps deployed via App Launchpad, K8S clusters deployed via Container Service Extension, NSX-T network resources consumed, and the number of protected VMs, failovers, and data transfer in Cloud Director Availability.
To learn more, dig into the following resources:
- Use a Hands-on-Lab to experience Tenant App, cloud costing, chargeback and more
- vRealize Operations Tenant App 2.5 released
Check back soon for the next blog in our VMworld Rewind series. In it, we will cover all that’s new with ‘Cloud Availability’ for our Cloud partners.