The latest release of VMware vRealize Operations 8.2 also includes VMware Cloud Director Management Pack 5.4 and Tenant App 2.5.
You can use the Cloud Director Management Pack to connect vRealize Operations to VMware Cloud Director. It contains many useful dashboards, alert and symptom definitions and reports for a Cloud Director environment. As Service Provider, you can use the Management Pack in combination with Tenant App for chargeback and billing, but also to offer value-add services like custom reports to your tenants.
New features of Management Pack 5.4:
- vCloud Director Edge Gateway establishes a relationship with NSX-T logical routers
- AppLaunchpad metrics are collected from the Applaunchpad extension
- Kubernetes cluster metrics are collected from the Container Service Extension
- Management Pack for vCloud Director is now compatible with vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cloud Director Availability
- Additional metrics collection for IP count on external networks
New features of Tenant App 2.5:
With Tenant App 2.5 you can now publish custom reports into the Tenant Portal in Cloud Director, and send custom alerts to you tenants. As service provider you can use these feature to offer some value-add monitoring services. For instance, you can use the compliance features of vRealize Operations to create compliance reports, and make them now available in the tenant portal.
- Ability to publish custom reports as service to tenants
- Send custom alerts over email to tenants
- Pricing IP address consumption on external networks
- Custom fixed cost per OrgVDC (line items) in pricing policy
- Customized “access denied” pages for tenants that don’t have access to Tenant App content
- Billing policy history available through Tenant App API
If you want to learn more about vRealize Operations in Service Provider context, and get detailed example of the Tenant App features, make sure to watch our Feature Friday episodes 7,8,9 and 11 for the topic! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLunwH0gjkUBhZBFlZMg5lxuhjr2y1Atjh
Download the Management Pack using the Login/Subscribe button, and find the Tenant App downloads in the Resources section at the bottom of the page
- Management Pack Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/Management-Packs-for-vRealize-Operations-Manager/5.4/rn/vCloud-Director-54-Release-Notes.html
- Tenant App Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/Management-Packs-for-vRealize-Operations-Manager/2.5/rn/Tenant-App-25-Release-Notes.html