Welcome to Feature Fridays!
This is a new initiative to help enable our partners get the most out of their investment in the VMware Cloud Provider Platform.
Each week we will release a new video covering a different topic in more depth. The content will be mostly technical but will also cover services that are feasible with the features. Keep an eye out on this blog site to see when a new video is released.
Did I say last week would be the last?! Well you’ll be glad to hear we didn’t stop on episode 13, that would have been too unlucky!
This week we have taken a step further into the developer realm, making VMware Cloud Director your single pane of Glass and one-stop-shop for your customers. VMware Cloud Director I like to think of as an 80/20 product; you get 80% of what you need out of the box and the other 20% is specific to your business and hence needs some development. And what better way to do it than in the Cloud Director Extensibility framework! Before you watch this week’s episode, please ensure you have watched last week where we covered all aspects of VMware Cloud Director UI plugins and iFrames as well as context menu customization.
This week Joerg and myself are joined by Jeff Moroski (Staff Engineer from our software engineering group for VMware Cloud Director), and we will walk through some of the more complex aspects of development, integrating other products into VCD and handling things like authentication and configuration. Jeff also steps you through the Cloud Director developer sandbox he has created (available to all, read more here) and more.
Of course, if you have feedback or there is a feature you would like to see discussed, please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find the best resource to give us the overview.
Now, it’s Friday 😊 and the weekend is almost here! Maybe it’s around lunch time where-ever you are in the world, so go and grab something to eat 🥪 or a cup of coffee ☕️ and settle in to a 30 minute run down about the VMware Cloud Director 10.1 Hands on Labs.