VMware is announcing General Availability of VMware Cloud Foundation version 3.10 bringing in new capabilities for VCF customers running version 3.9.1 and earlier releases. VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10 includes the following capabilities:
The VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10 release includes the following:
- ESXi Cluster-Level and Parallel Upgrades: Enables you to update the ESXi software on multiple clusters in the management domain or a workload domain in parallel. Parallel upgrades reduce the overall time required to upgrade your environment.
- NSX-T Data Center Cluster-Level and Parallel Upgrades: Enables you to upgrade all Edge clusters in parallel, and then all host clusters in parallel. Parallel upgrades reduce the overall time required to upgrade your environment. You can also select specific clusters to upgrade. The ability to select clusters allows for multiple upgrade windows and does not require all clusters to be available at a given time.
- Skip Level Upgrades: Enables you to upgrade to VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10 from versions 3.5 and later for VCF and 3.7 and later for VCF on VxRail
- BOM Updates for the 3.10 Release: Updated Bill of Materials with new product versions.
- Support for custom vDS for VCF on VxRail: You can create a custom vDS after VxRail first run or after importing a cluster in SDDC Manager. The custom vDS is for traffic types such as backup and replication. It cannot handle system traffic.
You can find additional information on VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10 here:
Documentation and Links:
VCF 3.10.0 on VxRail Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/3.10/rn/VMware-Cloud-Foundation-310-Release-Notes.html
VMware Cloud Foundation Documentation: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/index.html
Cloud Builder Download Link: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?productId=1001&downloadGroup=VCF310