There’s been a lot going on with VMware Cloud Foundation in recent months, including the general availability of Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail and the release of VMware Cloud Foundation v3.8, which is packed with new capabilities that make Cloud Foundation easier to deploy, manage and automate. With VMworld US quickly approaching, it’s time for you to start planning out your week in San Francisco. Whether you have a new cloud infrastructure project kicking off in the second half of 2019 or in the coming year, looking to deploy infrastructure for containers or virtual machines, or just wanting to hear about the latest roadmap innovations from VMware experts, we’ve got you covered!
There are over 30 breakout sessions, 1 self-paced Hands-on Lab (HOL), 1 expert-led Hands-on Lab workshop, 3 Design Studios (interactive sessions exploring technical previews and early design ideas) and 1 cannot miss VMware showcase keynote touching on VMware Cloud Foundation. That’s a lot of content to choose from! With this in mind, we have listed 5 of our favorite sessions that we expect to fill up fast.
- HCI – The Foundation for your Future-proof Infrastructure [HCI3551KU] (Tuesday, August 27th, 11:30AM – 12:30PM) This showcase keynote is led by SVP & GM John Gilmartin and Chief Technologist Duncan Epping. In this session, you will hear from thought leaders and customers who are at the forefront of HCI, pushing the envelope on vSAN and VMware Cloud Foundation. Up-level your HCI knowledge, get a sneak-peek at what’s coming, and see demos of the latest capabilities. Attend this session so you can lead one of the most transformative IT trends for your organization.
- HM Health Solutions’ Journey to a Secure Healthcare Cloud [HBI1314BU] (Tuesday, August 27th, 2:00PM – 3:00PM) Everyone loves a great customer story! In this session, HM Health Solutions’ CIO Gary Dick will share how VMware Cloud Foundation private cloud accelerated the digital transformation of their hosting business and ability to scale and offer new services to their healthcare users. Gain valuable insight into the executive vision for the business, the alignment of technical resources to business objectives, and VMware’s partnership in delivering a highly secure healthcare hosting cloud service that’s easy to deploy and operate.
- VMware Cloud Foundation: Strategy, Capabilities, and Technology Direction [HBI1432BUR] (Monday, August 26th, 12:30PM – 1:30PM and Thursday, August 29th, 10:30AM – 11:30AM) Interested in VMware Cloud Foundation, but you want to make sure your investments today will align with your future needs? Well, in this session, Mark Chuang and Jayanta Dey, VPs of Product Management and Engineering, respectively, will cover the technology within VMware Cloud Foundation today, plus our strategy and technology evolution to support multiple application types spanning multiple data centers and multiple clouds. Anyone who wants to extend their investments in VMware vSphere to a complete hybrid cloud will benefit from this session!
- Building a Smart City with VMware Cloud Foundation and NTT Group [HBI1928BU] (Wednesday, August 28th, 11:00AM – 12:00PM) Every city wants to be a smart city. But the challenge of building and operating a system that can manage IoT sensors, analyze and process data, and react to changes in the complex multitier environment is enormous. VMware and NTT Group have worked together to build a smart city solution for the city of Las Vegas. This all-in-one solution provides a full stack offering from the infrastructure layer standardized on VMware Cloud Foundation, to the advanced data analytics and application layer connected to hundreds (and eventually thousands) of IoT devices developed by NTT Group. In this session, led by Krish Sivakumar (VMware) and Andrew Bosch, Technical Architect at NTT, we will show the detailed architecture of this large multi-tier VMware Cloud Foundation implementation, as well as talk about some of the key learnings and best practices we discovered making this initiative successful.
- Running Container-Based Workloads on VMware Cloud Foundation [HBI2146BU] (Wednesday, August 28th, 12:30PM – 1:30PM) In this session, technical experts Kyle Gleed and Jason Shiplett will show how VMware Cloud Foundation is the ideal platform for hosting your container-based workloads whether in your private cloud, on the public cloud, or both. See how VMware is working to extend the benefits of software-defined infrastructure to container-based workloads by adding awareness of and integration with the likes of Kubernetes and Pivotal Container Services.
VMware Cloud Foundation will also be present throughout the Solutions Exchange floor:
- VMware Booth [#949] – Stop by the VMware Cloud Foundation demo stations to speak with our technical experts and watch some great 60 second demos to give you a preview into what VMware Cloud Foundation can do. Demo stations include:
- Private Cloud with VMware Cloud Foundation: Deploying and Operating a Modern Private Cloud that is Extensible to the Public Cloud
- Simplifying Enterprise Solutions with Cloud Foundation: Running Horizon 7 and other applications on Cloud Foundation
- Security and Compliance for your VMware Private Cloud: Delivering NIST based compliance solutions for the private cloud with the VMware Validated Designs
- Dell EMC Infrastructure Solutions Group Booth [#1007] will feature a VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail integrated rack, demonstrating a number of core use cases including the ability to rapidly deploy container infrastructure on VMware Cloud Foundation.
- HPE Booth [#939] will be demonstrating Cloud Foundation on HPE Synergy Composable infrastructure for Hybrid Cloud
- VMware HCI Zone [#845] will feature some of VMware’s partners demonstrating VMware Cloud Foundation across a number of different use cases and configurations. Intel will be demonstrating a machine learning environment using containers running within a Cloud Foundation environment for Hybrid Cloud. Dell EMC will also be demonstrating cloud native applications running within a Cloud Foundation environment completely integrated with Dell/EMC VxRail. Datastax and Lenovo will also be demonstrating hyperconverged solutions within the HCI zone.
I hope you’ll join us at all of these great sessions or find us on the solutions floor! Don’t wait to complete your schedule today…go to the VMworld 2019 Content Catalog and register for sessions now!