At VMworld US, we introduced VMware Cloud Foundation, a unified SDDC platform that natively integrates vSphere, vSAN and NSX to deliver enterprise-ready cloud infrastructure for the hybrid cloud. VMware Cloud Foundation provides a consistent multi-cloud IaaS that is simple to deploy, operate, and maintain, and gives applications consistent, scalable and highly available infrastructure services regardless of where they run. The key ingredient within Cloud Foundation that enables this consistent, unified platform is the SDDC Manager, which helps to automate the deployment and lifecycle management of VMware cloud software. This makes private and hybrid clouds much simpler for IT organizations to stand up and operate, and much easier for the business to innovate.
Building upon the momentum in Las Vegas, VMware Cloud Foundation has several new announcements this week in Barcelona:
Growing the Partner Ecosystem:
- Today, Fujitsu is announcing another customer option with the upcoming availability of PRIMEFLEX powered by VMware Cloud Foundation. Fujitsu’s solution combines VMware Cloud Foundation software with Fujitsu PRIMERGY x86 servers and Brocade network switches. PRIMFLEX powered by VMware Cloud Foundation is expected to be available in Q1. This complements existing hardware options, including the fully integrated system from Dell EMC called VxRack SDDC and the “build your own” solutions that combine VMware Cloud Foundation software with VSAN Ready Nodes from Dell, QCT, and HPE and qualified switches from Cisco and Arista.
New “As-a-Service” Options for VMware Cloud Foundation:
- Last month, we announced VMware Cloud Foundation on IBM Cloud, a new “as-a-service” offering based on VMware Cloud Foundation in partnership with IBM, a VMware vCloud Air Network partner. This past week, we announced a new hybrid cloud service in partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS) called VMware Cloud on AWS. , which enables customers to run applications across VMware vSphere-based private, public, and hybrid cloud environments by leveraging VMware Cloud Foundation. We are now extending the available “as-a-service” options to include vCloud Air. This week we announced a technology preview of Hybrid Cloud Manager for a cross-cloud, multi-vendor environment leveraging VMware Cloud Foundation as the common foundation across an on-premise data center, IBM Cloud, and vCloud Air. This capability will allow IT to deliver a seamless experience to their businesses while being able to leverage multiple cloud services.
For more info:
- Read the blog post about cross-cloud flexibility offered by Hybrid Cloud Manager
- Sign up for the VMware Cloud Foundation Service on vCloud Air Beta
- Check out the VMware Cloud Foundation product page
- Follow VMware Cloud Foundation on Twitter @vmwCF