The talk was lively in this week's podcast. It was an open topic week and we covered a lot of ground. The highlights were a discussion of performance monitoring featuring Thomas Bryant and Doug Hazelman as well a call from Scott Lowe and Steve Beaver from the Virtualization Congress. As always, listen in via the widget to the right, the mp3, or via iTunes.
Next week, May 13, join special guest Paul Manning for a discussion of What's New in VMware vSphere 4: Storage. We meet every Wednesday at noon Pacific.
- May 7 Virtualization Security Roundtable Podcast on VMsafe
- May 8 What's new with vSphere Web Services SDK Deep Dive The first monthly VMware Coffee Talk Live Webinars is in two parts: part one was this mornng but you can still catch part two on Friday. Recordings are available after the life webcast.
- May 14 UK VMUG London
- May 18 First unofficial online VMUG – topics in VESI & vSphere – Alan Renouf
- May 19 VMUG Madison Wisconsin – note, this will be webcast!
- Managing VMware Infrastructure with Windows PowerShell by Hal Rottenberg
- VMware vSphereTM and Virtual Infrastructure Security by Edward Haletky
- VMware VI3 Implementation & Administration (Kindle version) by Eric Siebert
Links for your linky pleasure:
- The Blue Ocean of Performance Monitoring by Thomas Bryant
- VMware vSphere and the vStorage API by Rick Scherer
- So, what does vStorage really mean? by Chad Sakac
- Thin on Thin? Where should you do Thin Provisioning – vSphere 4.0 or Array-Level? by Chad Sakac
- Hoffacino – this explains so much about what goes on here: @Beaker
- The Marriage of Figaro: Complexity and Insecurity of the Cloud aka The Frogs Who Desired a King Chris Hoff's Virtualization Congress presentation as liveblogged by Scott Lowe
- Virtualization Congress
- Will we be forced to pay more? Part 1 & Part 2 by Maish Saidel-Keening (expect a bit more context and commentary from VMware on this topic soon)
- Hyper-V Live Migration for free, tough cookie for VMware by Gabrie van Zanten
- Video on Hyper-V Crashes by Scott Drummonds
Have a great week!