If you are interested in virtualization and aren’t reading Planet V12n, you’re missing out. Things are busy here at VMware as we enter the runway for VMworld (and it’s going to be a good conference for the newbie or old hand), but the virtualization world keeps moving on.
We recently added a few new voices to the Planet. Let me introduce you:
- p2vd.com – Ryan Glover links to virtualization news, but he has also been adding short, trenchant analysis to his links. Too many bloggers, including yours truly just link to an article in a hurry — adding a bit of insight is always welcome.
- IT 2.0 – Massimo Re Ferre’ is a regular in the VMTN Community and has good insight into desktop virtualization and maintains this list of VDI brokers. Also very worth reading is his article on hypervisor architecture. Massimo will also be speaking on "Virtual Appliances and the New Data Center" at VMworld.
- NTPRO.NL - Eric Sloof first came to my attention at TSX Europe this year where his video interviews were outstanding. He’s also the author of the Virtual Machine MKS Client and other tools, and has recently started the tools directory vm4all.com.
- Jumé B.V. - Bouke Groenescheij’s website and blog. Bouke will be speaking at VMworld this year on "The Complete Clustering How-To with VMware and Microsoft Cluster Server".
- xtravirt – Jolliffe, Davey, and Mittell. Just go and take a look — trust me on this one. Alex Mittell I know as a regular at VMTN, but the site from this group is great and looks good to boot. The VI tips feed alone is worth the visit, but with white papers like How to install ESX Server in Workstation 6, the VI3 Security Risk Analysis Template and other tools and utilities, you’ll spend a while here.
So go forth and virtualize!