Today, we are excited to announce the general availability of VMware vSphere 6 along with a slew of other Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) products including VMware Integrated OpenStack, VMware Virtual SAN 6, VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes, VMware vCloud Suite 6, and VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6.
vSphere 6 is the latest release of the industry-leading virtualization platform and serves as the foundation of the SDDC. This is the largest ever release of vSphere and is the first major release of the flagship product in over three years. vSphere 6 is jammed pack with features and innovations that enable users to virtualize any application, including both scale-up and scale-out applications, with confidence. New capabilities include increased scale and performance, breakthrough industry-first availability, storage efficiencies for virtual machines, and simplified management at scale. For more details on the blockbuster features please refer to the vSphere 6 announcement.
If you are interested in learning more about vSphere 6, there are several options:
- Read more about vSphere 6 at the products pages
- Experience vSphere 6 with our free 60-day evaluation
- Take one of the new instructor-lead vSphere 6 courses that are now available:
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5 to V6] explores the newest features and enhancements in VMware vSphere 6 including VMware vCenter Server 6.
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere 6.
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6] teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.