Welcome vCommunity to the Community Pulse – a monthly blog series that delivers the most high traffic content in the VMTN forums for your consumption. The VMTN forums are a learning tool unlike any other. Read through these threads to explore how other IT professionals are administrating, optimizing, and supporting their unique environments. We invite you to contribute your knowledge to these and all threads on VMTN!
What were the top VMTN conversations this August?
10 top viewed threads in August:
- 503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: in vCenter. Resolution in progress.
- ESXI 6.5 Free License ? in vSphere ESXi. Resolution in progress.
- VMware Workstation Pro 14 – Fails To Start Due To CPU Non-Support in Workstation. Resolution in progress.
- vCSA 6.5 installation stuck at RPM installation in vCenter Server Appliance. Resolution is in progress.
- cant copy/paste from guest to host in Workstation. Resolution is in progress.
- autostart VM from ESXI 6.5 web client in Virtual Machine, Guest OS and VM Tools. Resolution is in progress.
- VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Workstation in Workstation. Resolution is in progress.
- VMWare Fusion 10.0.1 doesn’t see USB devices anymore [SOLVED] in VMware Fusion (for Mac). One resolution stated, but not a resolution for all.
- failed to lock the file cannot open the disk in Workstation. Resolution is in progress.
- SSL Exception when Converter tries to connect to vCenter in VMware vCenter. Resolution by POCEH.
Top 10 communities, based on thread and reply creation in August:
- Workstation Pro
- Technical Community Resources and Help
- VMware PowerCLI
- VMware vCenter
- VMware Fusion (for Mac)
- VMware vSphere
- vCenter Server
- VMware View
- vRealize Automation Tools
To get real time updates on content being created within the forums, you can:
- Subscribe to a communities RSS Feed. Feeds are available for each community on the right-hand side, in the Actions box.
- Opt in to “Follow” a community. This option is available on the right-hand side, parallel with the community name. Any community you choose to follow will appear in your “My Communities” list, accessible through the tap navigation. To receive email notifications around communities that you follow, confirm in your preferences that you have opted in to email.
- Bookmark a community thread to receive notifications on the progress. This is only available at thread level. It is on the right-hand side, under the Actions box.
Questions on the Community Pulse? Please reach out to the VMware Community Manager, at email@example.com.