Mike @ RTFM Education ran out of bandwidth over VMworld, but he’s back on the air. A few recent highlights, and I especially want to point out Mike’s VMworld session notes, since he went off the air before I had a chance to point to them.
- Why Virtualize? [Mike comments on a note from Dave @ VMblog about a virtualization survey. Biggest driver? Still consolidation. Desktop virtualization? You’re still the early adopters as seen through the global IT population, although VDI was very mainstream indeed at VMworld — all the desktop sessions and BoFs I saw at VMworld were heavily attended. -jt]
- VMworld 2008 PowerShell Session Videos
- Leverge your Microsoft skills, erm really?
- VMotion Warnings
- VMware VDC-OS
Clearly, the last couple of years have questioned what we mean by the
term “Operating System”. It is a kernel that handles memory, cpu,
storage and network or is envolving into merely a “space” within which
developers can write useful bits of code called programs.
- VD2345: Going Deep on Capturing Applications using ThinApp
- SRM: Lessons learned in the First 90-days
- VMworld Keynote: Automating DR with VMware SRM
- VMworld 2008: Distributed vSwitches
- VMworld 2008: VD2422: Offline VDI
- VMworld 2008: BC2783: Virtual Business Continuity Site