Want to accelerate your career? Join the 2,600 member vExpert community by applying for the vExpert award. I have asked vExperts to record a few videos about the program which are embedded below.
vExpert is not a technical certification nor “decided” on your amount of knowledge. The vExpert award is about you sharing you and your journey and giving back to the community, this is explained later in this article.
We are holding a public call for anyone to join in the conversation on vExpert. You can join to ask questions and meet vExperts from your country. This is a round table open forum for anyone to join. Questions can be asked in chat or by unmuting and asking directly.
The zoom meeting will be held January 11th @ 9am PST. The call details are below at the bottom of this article.
Meet four vExperts and listen to them talk about the vExpert program.
Feeling on edge about applying for vExpert? Listen to 4 year vExpert Niels Geursen @NielsGeursena 4 year @VMware vExpert talk about applying.
15 year vExpert Christopher Kusek @cxi talks about his journey with the vExpert community.
Watch 9 year @VMware vExpert Paul Braren @paulbraren talk about his passion for blogging and the HUGE results of a single article.
13 year vExpert Jane Rimmer @Rimmergram talking about meeting @PGelsinger former @VMware CEO & Senior VMware Executives at the vExpert parties over the years.
How to Apply for vExpert? You can go to https://vexpert.vmware.com/apply and apply today. Below I’ve added a photo of the application and below that is an example of the detail we are looking for.
Here is an example application with detail on each of the areas so remember to be detailed in your application.
We are looking for IT Professionals who are sharing their VMware knowledge (story) and contributing that back to the community. The term “giving back” is defined as going above and beyond your day job and sharing your knowledge. Using Paul Braren as an example you can see his public profile and view his blog https://tinkertry.com. There are several ways to share your knowledge and engage with the community. Some of those activities are blogging, book authoring, magazine articles, active in Facebook groups, forum (VMTN as well as other non VMware) platforms, sharing scripts, Github projects, public speaking, VMUG leadership, videos, dedicating personal time to schools and more. Helping others learn about VMware products is the key to the award. Your experience, failures and success with our products is your individual unique story so share it.
vExpert Program Benefits
- 400 day eval licenses for most VMware products
- Network with over 2,600 other vExperts via Slack, Twitter and in person events
- VMware will market your public content so we can drive traffic to your properties
- Opportunity to apply for 10 Official VMware Business Unit lead vExpert sub programs
- Invite to our private vExpert #Slack channel for networking and Q&A with other vExperts
- Private VMware and VMware Partner webinars, we brief vExperts on upcoming announcements as well as deep dive demos of VMware and VMware partner products. Often partners will give vExperts NFRs.
- vExpert certificate signed by our VMware CEO
- vExpert logo to use on your website, etc.
- Exclusive gifts from VMware and various VMware partners. In 2022 we have away a home lab to vExperts and VMware Explore. See here.
- Access to private betas (subject to admission by beta teams)
- Private pre-launch briefings via our blogger briefing pre-VMware Explore (subject to admission by product / PR teams)
- Featured in a public vExpert online directory https://vexpert.vmware.com/directory
- Access to vetted VMware & Virtualization content for your social channels to share on you social media platforms to boost your following
Application deadline is January 27 at 11:59 PM PST. The award announcement will happen on or before February 17th.
Public Zoom Call Details:
|Meeting ID:||971 4157 8536|
|Join by Telephone|
|Mobile one-tap:||US: +16699006833,,97141578536#,,,,*121452# or +17193594580,,97141578536#,,,,*121452#|
|Dial:||US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 719 359 4580|
or +1 253 205 0468
or +1 253 215 8782
or +1 346 248 7799
or +1 669 444 9171
or +1 646 931 3860
or +1 689 278 1000
or +1 301 715 8592
or +1 305 224 1968
or +1 309 205 3325
or +1 312 626 6799
or +1 360 209 5623
or +1 386 347 5053
or +1 507 473 4847
or +1 564 217 2000
or +1 646 558 8656
India: 000 800 001 4002 (Toll Free)
or 000 800 050 5050 (Toll Free)
United Kingdom: +44 208 080 6592
or +44 330 088 5830
or +44 131 460 1196
or +44 203 481 5237
or +44 203 481 5240
or +44 203 901 7895
or +44 208 080 6591
Ireland: +353 1 653 3898
or +353 6 163 9031
or +353 1 240 8941
or +353 1 536 9320
or +353 1 653 3895
or +353 1 653 3897
|Meeting ID:||971 4157 8536|
|Join from a Video Conferencing Room|
|H.323:||22.214.171.124 (US West)|
126.96.36.199 (US East)
188.8.131.52 (India Mumbai)
184.108.40.206 (India Hyderabad)
220.127.116.11 (Amsterdam Netherlands)
18.104.22.168 (Australia Sydney)
22.214.171.124 (Australia Melbourne)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong SAR)
188.8.131.52 (Canada Toronto)
184.108.40.206 (Canada Vancouver)
220.127.116.11 (Japan Tokyo)
18.104.22.168 (Japan Osaka)