VMware Fusion 7.1.2 Update

On June 15th we released VMware Fusion 7.1.2, a maintenance release. This update is recommended for all users of VMware Fusion 7 and Fusion 7 Professional.

To download VMware Fusion 7.1.2, open VMware Fusion and select VMware Fusion > Check for Updates.

For more details on Fusion 7.1.2, read the Release Notes.

Thanks to the Fusion customers reporting these issues to Fusion Support and discussing them with the VMware Fusion Community.

-The VMware Fusion Team

13 thoughts on “VMware Fusion 7.1.2 Update

1. Burak C

Is new version available now? After clicking check for update link in menu, a dialog appears and says “Version 7.1.1 is the newest version available.”.

1. Steve Graddy

Yes I too need the new version. After clicking check for update link in menu, a dialog appears and says “Version 7.1.1 is the newest version available.”. How do I get the 7.1.2 update?

2. Vasil

Hey William,

Is the beam synchronization issue still not fixed as of 7.1.2? Any idea when do you plan that fix for? It’s a huge performance and usability problem..

3. Jeff

Be wary iMac Retina 5K users. Version 7.1.2 does not support high resolution mode like 7.1.1 did.

4. Jeff

Although my Fusion client recognizes that an update is available, it cannot be downloaded or resolved. This is the error I’ve been getting for days now – any ideas?

“Could not connect to the update server. Check your Internet settings or contact your system administrator.”

No other diag info is available. Odd.

1. James

And I continuously get ‘Software update internal client error (CDS_HTTP_INTERNAL_ERROR).’

1. Matt Killmon

I’m also getting this error, repeatedly, and am unable to download the update.

2. Mike

Same here.

5. Nik Gibson

After upgrading I can no longer copy and paste between OSX and Windows 8.1. There is also a delay when opening putty sessions that I did not get before. Anyone know if you can downgrade to a previous version?

6. Tor

Doesn’t look like the “Mac OS X host reboots when Windows guest is active but host is asleep”-issue has been resolved (according to the Release Notes).

Without fail, if I do not suspend my Windows 7 guest before I close the lid on my MBP, at some point during the sleep cycle, Mac OS will crash with a “Sleep Wake Failure”.

Date/Time: 2015-07-06 19:43:31 +0200
    OS Version: 10.9.5 (Build 13F1077)
    Architecture: x86_64
    Report Version: 18

Event: Sleep Wake Failure
    Steps: 199

Hardware model: MacBookPro11,3
    Active cpus: 8

7. kboortz

Since months back I run OS X 10.8.5 on top of OS X 10.8.5. Lightweight work, only Safari and Terminal connected to VPN using Cisco AnyConnect. Overall works very well.

I have had frequent “small crashes” where OS X guest will throw me to the login screen and I have to log in again. Rather annoying as I use VPN and the connection gets terminated, all Safari Tabs has to be restored and terminal connections restored (I use many, maybe 30).

Now, with 7.1.1 I only got these once or twice a week. With 7.1.2 I get them many times a day as I did with some earlier versions.

Is there a way to downgrade to 7.1.1?

1. kboortz

I forgot, my computer is a MacBook Pro Retina mid 2012 (MacBookPro10,1), i7, 8 G RAM.

8. robyn scott

I can’t update this way, Fusion crashes and it has this listed in the crash log.

Performing @selector(checkForUpdates:) from sender NSMenuItem 0x6000006b1640
    *** multi-threaded process forked ***
    crashed on child side of fork pre-exec

Is there another way to get the update?