VMware Fusion 7.1.1 Update

VMware Fusion 7.1.1 Update

On February 17th we released VMware Fusion 7.1.1, a maintenance release. This update is recommended for all users of VMware Fusion 7 and Fusion 7 Pro.

To download VMware Fusion 7.1.1, open VMware Fusion and select VMware Fusion > Check for Updates.

For more details on Fusion 7.1.1, read the Release Notes.

Thanks to the Fusion customers reporting these issues to Fusion Support and discussing them with the VMware Fusion Community.

– The VMware Fusion Team

13 thoughts on “VMware Fusion 7.1.1 Update

1. geoteg

I dont think they fix it, ran windows perfomance index and the score is still below 5. Parallels was giving a result of 6 before i swap over to Vmware.

1. Tony Doval

Hello,

Keyboard mapping in Windows 8 with spanish keyboard doesn’t work property. Special characters like \, doesn’t works.

1. Mark

I am having the same issue, just since upgrading to 7.1.1. Every time I start the app, the keyboard is unrecognized; if I restart/reboot the virtual machine, the keyboard is there, but any suspend of the VM and it isn’t recognized again. I haven’t seen any solutions yet.

FOR ME, THE PROBLEM ALSO INCLUDES MY MACBOOK PRO INTERNAL KEYBOARD AS WELL.

2. David

After upgrading from 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 a Windows 7 VM that was working fine no longer responds to mouse or keyboard. This is operating on a headless OS X 10.10.2 Mac Mini 2012 via Apple Screen Sharing 1.6.1.

1. Evan Shea

It seems RESTARTING the VM brings the keyboard back to life. I found that SUSPENDING a VM since the 7.1.1 update is what breaks the keyboard.

3. Eric Duncan

HELP!

I upgraded VMware Fusion 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 and now I have no display in my Linux guest VM! Macbook Pro Retina late 2014. This is critical as I use this exclusively for work. I am attempting to try to downgrade to VMware 7.1.0 but having trouble finding the installer.

I’ve uninstalled the Vmware tools. Installed the latest 7.1.1 VMware Tools. Did this several times. Enabled the kernel drivers, disabled them, etc.

Downgraded the virtual machine to version 10, no luck.

Enabled/disabled/configured multiple options for the new “Retina Display” support.

Changed my host retina to be custom, default, “best for display”, etc. Nada.

I rebooted dozens of times in the above configuration changes.

4. Cedric

I am using Vmware Player 7.1.1 and trying to use OS X Yosemite, it loads fine but as soon as I try to move my mouse or type I get no response. So im stuck at the Mac setup screen asking for the country I live in. Anyone know how I can fix this. My host computer is running Windows 8.1.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!

5. Peter C

Same issue here. I am using an HID temperature sensor which worked flawlessly up until Fusion 7.1.1. Not it won’t allow me to assign it to a VM.

6. Peter C

FYI, VMWare support had me add usb.generic.allowHID = “TRUE” to

/Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences

and this allowed the HID device to be mapped to a specific VM. This is in addition to it being in the vmx file (which it already was).

7. David Bilodeau

Have beta windows 10 installed on machine and I no longer van see updates for VMware. How do I check to see what version I have?