Quick note to users running VMware Fusion on a Retina Macbook Pro

Just a quick note to folks lucky enough to get their hands on a Retina Macbook Pro. A small number of users have mentioned an issue with their Windows Virtual Machine not maintaining a constant screen resolution. We are here to report the quick fix.

From the applications folder right click on VMware Fusion, and select: "get info".

Then from the info window check the box titled: "Open in low resolution"

6a00d8341c328153ef0177439486bd970d-800wi

Once this box has been selected, you are good to go. Windows will match the screen resolution of OS X just like you would expect.

If you would like more info about VMware Fusion or to download a 30 day trial click here

12 thoughts on “Quick note to users running VMware Fusion on a Retina Macbook Pro

1. Jason

Any word of a version with Retina support?

2. bart

Fusion needs a proper retina support with two modes:
    – render client OS screen using currently set OSX scaling and resolution (same backing)
    – render client OS screen using 1:1 pixel mapping (using 1:1 backing, as can be requested by application)
    – render to fullscreen using all resolutions exposed by OSX, a set of HiDPI ones and native ones.

3. Nathan

I agree with Jason’s comment. 1:1 mapping would be nice.

4. Gabe

This hardly qualifies as “optimizing” Fusion for the display, as the Mountain Lion post claims.

5. Brenda

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/optimize
    optimize: to make as effective, perfect or useful as possible; to make the best of.
    My experience was that my VM was virtually unusable until I checked that little box… so I think the statement was pretty accurate.

6. Noel

I tried this and as I havent got version VM 5 It does not give the option you refer to ?

It does not give me the option to “open in Low res”

Thanks

7. high school

A Special Keepsake To celebrate a wedding or any special day such as
    a token of thanks. 3 hours ago via Tweetbot for iOS Reply
    Retweet Favorite powered by socialditto ChrisRReganChris ReganSarah Palin on Today show.

8. 10x12 shed plans

At the same time perhaps I should warn you – be careful what you
    wish for. The final inch or so is then leveled with a mixture
    of clay and water and left to dry before final smoothing and sanding ‘ the choice is yours. Garden sheds are no longer just a dreary collection of loose boards hidden away at the back of the garden.

9. Angelo

I savor, cause I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

10. female body Cream

Hi there, its nice paragraph about media print, we all be familiar with media
    is a fantastic source of facts.

11. lady gaga nude Yoga video

You can definitely see your skills in the work you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as
    you who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

Here is my page: lady gaga nude Yoga video

12. Software Services

This etchings are the book that you reads a lot above his Earth. I want to create action packed patches! Blast. Just think that we got a hold of your blasting while he are made to yell to you that they are a smile man.