VMware Fusion 2.0.6 Update Now Available

Fusion We are pleased to announce our latest maintenance release of VMware Fusion 2. VMware Fusion 2.0.6 is a free update for all VMware Fusion 1.x and VMware Fusion 2.x users. You can download the bits here.

VMware Fusion 2.0.6 fixes multiple issues when running VMware Fusion 2.0.x on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (32-bit kernel mode), including:

• Mouse losing focus on Snow Leopard hosts
  • Driverless printing fails after an upgrade install of Leopard or Snow Leopard Software Update
  • VMware Fusion 2 claims to be unlicensed after upgrading to Snow Leopard
  • Slow 3D graphics on Macs with NVIDIA graphics cards running Snow Leopard

And much more! Read the Release Notes for more details.

Enjoy the new bits!

12 thoughts on “VMware Fusion 2.0.6 Update Now Available

1. Dwaine

With Fusion 2.0.5 installed, my MBP would boot from poweroff to login in under 30 seconds.
    With Fusion 2.0.6 installed on the same MBP boot time is consistently 5 minutes or longer.
    Reverting to 2.0.5 and will wait for an update (2.0.7 or a fix).

2. Colman Ho

I installed Fusion in my Macbook pro unibody (Snow Leopard) and used the Bootcamp Windows 7 RTM (64-bit) as virutal partition. It works fine except I experienced Windows activation loop even though I installed VM Tools before activation under VMware.

3. Tom

Not only did 2.0.6 fix the cursor sticking problem in SL, but it also made my VM much snappier (probably like it was before the SL upgrade.) Thanks for the great work!

4. Aleksandar

Guys, how can I prevent VMWare to add Windows apps to the Spotlight results? I don’t want to see anything from my Windows VMs in the Mac Spotlight results.
    When I need the Windows apps, I run Fusion and work with them. I don’t need to be run accidentally.
    Please tell me there’s an option to switch that feature off.

5. pete

HI
    I seem to be having problems using Time Machine with VMware on Snow Leopard.
    Is TM supposed to backup everything (including stuff on the VMware partition)?
    Or am I supposed to backup the Windows stuff some other way?
    I am running v1
    thanks

6. Todd Piket

I’m with Dwaine. I just rebuilt my MacBook Pro (Erase and Install) because the box was unable to auto negotiate network speed (wired) and would only work if I set it manually to 10Mbps/full (I have Gig to the desk).
    Turns out the problem is the vmnet1 and vmnet8 adapters from VMWare Fusion 2.0.6. Downgrading to 2.0.5 has worked around the problem.
    I’ll be waiting for 2.0.7 release or just not upgrading anymore.