Autodesk Loves VMware Fusion: AutoCAD on the Mac

I was checking out my Google Alerts the other day, and came across this great blog post about running AutoCAD on the Mac with VMware Fusion

I’ve seen posts like this before, of course, but what really made me happy this time around was that it was an official Autodesk blog talking about it!  How’s that for validation?

In the post, Shaan Hurley talks about the niceties of running AutoCAD on a Mac, and the various way to do it, including both Boot Camp and virtualization, fairly mentioning both us and our primary competition in the field.

But what really made me smile was this part:

We showed AutoCAD 2009 running on a Mac using VMware Fusion last week at Autodesk University 2008 in the General Design booth.

image

Yup, that’s right.  When the rubber really hits the road, at a tradeshow, where you want to put your best foot forward, and make sure everything “just works,” the AutoCAD team selected VMware Fusion 2.  Check out the great picture of them at the booth.

We on the Fusion team haven’t done any specific demo videos showing off AutoCAD, but I did some quick YouTube research, and lo and behold, there are handful of helpful videos out there showing off VMware Fusion 2 (you know, the one with the enhanced 3D acceleration features? Yeah, that one. ) running AutoCAD.

Here are the videos I found (with Spanish captions, no less!):

The first one shows off how to disable the “Optimize Mouse for Gaming” feature to get the best performance.

And this one shows off Unity, Single Windows, and Full Screen views:

And here’s everyone’s favorite “OMG! 3D acceleration is in Fusion 2” demo (in which I got to play Gears of War at work…nice eh?)

14 thoughts on “Autodesk Loves VMware Fusion: AutoCAD on the Mac

1. Stephen McGonigle

Hi,
    I was delighted to find this thread, as I have a Mac. I’d just like to be clear on one thing. Can I run Autocad Inventor 2010 on VMware? Maybe you’re referring to Inventor here but I’d just like to be sure. I saw on another site that some guy was having a problem with the 3D imaging.
    Regards,
    Stephen

2. Janina

Hello there, I discovered your site by way of Google even as searching for a related matter, your site got here up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply was alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful in case you continue this in future. Lots of other folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

3. Maurice

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a amusement account it. Glance complex to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep up a correspondence?

4. คิ้ว3มิติ

From fine lines, dehydration, larger pores, unrven skin tone, to slacker skin, it’s a
    hard thhing to ignore. Your skin condition absolutely
    can become a thing of the past with quality supplements
    and a healthy lifestyle. Arden would use the
    cream on her horses’ legs when they looked unhealthy and within a
    short time, the horse would be happy again.

5. เครื่องสแกนลายนิ้วมือ

One of the strongest trends in foood and eating this yerar is party finger foods.
    Hence, you must put in some effort inn the beginning to establish
    your business. A similar policy was cited last year when a Maryland school suspended a 7-year-old bboy
    who had chewed a Pop-Tart into a gun shape.

6. Caron Renaissance

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.
    A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

7. http://www.goarch.org/

Commuting nowadays can selling cars online be really inconvenient.
    Industry supporters of the expansion selling cars online was flawed.

They provide various airport transfer services are available
    anytime without a trouble. British Airways is due to issue its interim report on Tuesday amid warnings by local MPs of street protests, direct action and MPs resigning from parliament if Heathrow
    expansion is the favoured option.

Here is my site – value my car; http://www.goarch.org/,

8. เสื้อผ้าแฟชั่น

It’s better if you buy something that makes youu feel comfortable
    as well as stylish. For all of these reasons, floral print dresses are a great way tto express your own individual style and a great waay to give your ckoset a
    pop of color and style. If you are ready to dress to kill and stand out from the crowd, you need too study and apply the following concepts.

9. เสื้อคู่

Then go traipsing arojnd the malls and street shops annd you will geet an indication of the
    generic nature of men’s fashion clothing. They found tht it is thhe number onee most prescribed solution to sexual dysfunction
    by professional doctors in China. Thereafter, mixing and
    matching colors and patters would just come as a
    natural flow iin you.

10. กระเป๋าโรงเกลือ ราคาถูก

This is very reasoanble and even students and highgly price sensitiive users can afford to buy this.
    When yoou are packing a dozen or more D-cell
    batteries on your back, that is a lot of unnecessary weight that you are hauling around.

I use an Auswie saddle, and even though I like my stirrups
    a bit shorter, tthe thig pads of the saddle kept the bag away from my knees.

11. レイバン サングラス 最新

教育になること何で生成優れた品質サングラスのペアが不可欠です場合あなたは検索次のサングラスをセットします。彼女は最近を着て発見され、の設定新しいオークリー眼鏡の母親。アルマーニ パイロット スポーツの寺院にアルマーニのロゴ、鼻橋を開く提供しています100
    %UV 保護。これらメンズ サングラスをすることができます位置バーグドルフ · グッドマン、ここで。

12. แหวนเพชร

For most up-to-date infotmation yoou have to pay a visit internet and oon world-wide-web I
    found this web site as a best weeb site for newest updates.

13. Techs

The best etchings are the book which I cares about within her Earth. I want you to produce electric addons! Cupcakes. They fell on the only techs and needed to congradulate that you will be a buddy.

14. Dan Johnson

AutoCAD products for Mac include the most popular functionality of the Windows versions of AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT. For both AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD LT for Mac, this includes 2D design, customization of the user interface, and much more. For full AutoCAD, support for LISP and DBX applications, 3D design tools and 3D visualization are included.