This is a quick note to let you know that VMware Fusion 2.01 is now available, a free maintenance update to VMware Fusion 2.
You can download the new bits here.
VMware Fusion 2.0.1 features enhancements and fixes in follow up to the release of VMware Fusion 2 and the Apple notebook refresh.
You can read all about it in the release notes, but some quick things of interest:
- One of my favorites: AutoProtect postpones taking a snapshot when the user is interacting with the virtual machine. Watch a video demo of AutoProtect, here.
- Now shows application badge instead of generic document icons when assigning Windows applications to Mac documents.
- Greatly reduced initial pause when opening mirrored or shared folders.
- No longer disables certain shared folders and mirrored folders that were nested folders. The potential data loss issue with nested shared folders has been resolved.
- No longer publishes Windows guest applications to Mac if “Allow the virtual machine to open applications on your Mac” is unchecked in virtual machine Settings > Sharing.
- Brings back the Enable Hints menu item in Help menu.
There are more enhancements and bug fixes 100% broken out the release notes, here.
In the meantime, go get the bits!