It is rare that an organization makes such a splash as VMware in such a short amount of time. I am thrilled to reveal that Gartner has named VMware as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for SD-WAN. Why is this recognition so noteworthy? It is a crowded and competitive field—Gartner surveyed 14 SD-WAN vendors—and VMware has been recognized as a Leader every year since 2018, consistently recognized for its completeness of vision and ability to execute.
VMware’s recognition was made possible by the support of our tens of thousands of customers, our hundreds of partners, and most importantly, the hard work and tireless effort of our VMware SD-WAN™ and VMware SASE™ teams who are truly the engine that powers our solution’s success.
VMware SD-WAN’s popularity across the market continues to skyrocket as it serves as a key building block for driving enterprise digital transformation.
How are enterprises digitally transforming to support their remote workforces?
Enterprises are modernizing their businesses to increase agility and remain competitive in today’s market by transforming applications, adopting cloud or SaaS, and allowing users to access these applications from the office, home, or anywhere. What is their goal? Users must have the same application experience regardless of whether they are inside or outside the office; ensure security of their network, applications, and data; and support the next generation of applications demanded by enterprise’s business lines.
IT teams are driving this transformation in several ways. How are they accomplishing their mission? Enter VMware SD-WAN.
VMware SD-WAN: The engine behind enterprise digital transformation
VMware SD-WAN, whether part of VMware SASE or standalone, is no longer only about branch networking and security. SD-WAN is a platform for enterprises to bring edge compute and networking together for application modernization while delivering consistent security and ubiquitous, reliable, optimal connectivity for the branch and distributed workforce. Only VMware delivers SD-WAN as a cloud-native, edge service platform for today’s distributed enterprises that are embracing cloud, workforce, and application transformation.
In fact, more than 18,000 customers trust VMware SD-WAN for powering their connection to more than 580,000 sites, improving cloud and application performance for over 1,000,000 end users.
6 key SD-WAN tools for driving digital transformation
Why do enterprises rely on VMware SD-WAN? Here is a deeper dive into the many unique reasons:
- Globally distributed points of presence (PoPs). VMware and its partners provide over 150 PoPs worldwide, which simplify connectivity to the cloud and SaaS.
- Dynamic Multipath Optimization™ (DMPO). Beyond simple error correction, DMPO enables high bandwidth, reliable connectivity, and the lowest latency for business-critical application traffic.
- Simplified business policies. While fine-grained configuration is available, most customers will find SD-WAN works out of the box.
- Zero-touch deployment. This tool makes setup even easier, enabling you to deploy remote sites without the need for technical resources on site. In fact, one VMware SD-WAN customer activated 9,000 work-from-home sites in just nine business days, delivering instant connectivity to the cloud for remote users.
- VMware Edge Network Intelligence™. Greatly reduce your operational time and effort with this innovative tool, which takes remedial action to resolve network issues—all by leveraging the power of artificial intelligence.
- Cloud provider interoperability. Cloud-native and cloud-delivered by design, VMware SD-WAN connects to a wide range of services offered by AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Download the report to learn why VMware was named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for SD-WAN.
Gartner citation and disclosure
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from VMware.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This document was renamed from Magic Quadrant of WAN Edge Infrastructure to Magic Quadrant for SD-WAN in 2022.