Fresh on the heels of our position as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, we’re delighted to receive the highest product scores in three of four use cases in the 2019 Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for WAN Infrastructure report. In addition, for the fourth use case Security-Sensitive WAN, VMware received a score of 3.59/5.
The Gartner Critical Capabilities report is essential reading and an important companion report to the Gartner Magic Quadrant. Gartner’s introduction to the report outlines it this way: According to Gartner, “Infrastructure and operations leaders responsible for networking are evaluating WAN edge solutions to address expanding business requirements in order to connect to on-premises and cloud-based workloads. They should use this research to identify vendors that best fit their specific use cases.”
This is the second year running that VMware has been recognized in the Gartner Critical Capabilities report, and VMware was also recently named a Leader in Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, which profiles 19 vendors in the space. Within the Critical Capabilities report, VMware scored highest in these use cases:
- Small/Midsize Enterprise/Regional WAN: “A regional WAN that is typical in many midsize enterprises (MSEs) or larger enterprises with a smaller number of WAN locations (fewer than 50 sites).”
- Large Global WAN: “A global WAN requirement for larger multinational organizations with 250 to more than 1,000 sites, and that spans at least two continents with a variety of local requirements.”
- Small Footprint Retail WAN: “A large-scale retail WAN typified by small footprint locations (such as gas stations, convenience stores and similar environments) that scales from hundreds to thousands of near-identical locations, either domestically or across multiple countries and regions.”
We’re extremely proud to receive Gartner’s recognition two years in a row and extremely excited for what the future brings!
Check out these additional resources:
- Download the Gartner Critical Capabilities report
- Download the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure
- Learn more about VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud
- See the Industry recognition for VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.