In the blog here, we just published the updated white paper VMware Horizon 6 with View Performance and Best Practices that describes the performance gains achieved with the latest Horizon 6 enhancements. The paper details the architecture systems used for testing the features and recommends best practices for configuring your system.
The white paper talks about the following performance results:
- RDSH sizing
- Display protocol performance
- PCoIP default settings changes
- VDI characterization on Virtual SAN
Finally, some of the best practices are presented:
- RDSH virtual machine sizing
- RDSH session sizing
- RDSH server virtual machine optimization
- Guest best practices for bandwidth and storage
- PCoIP settings
- 3D graphics settings
- Virtual SAN configurations
Please check out the VMware Horizon 6 with View Performance and Best Practices paper for detailed descriptions of the tests, the results of those tests and the best practices.