Innovation has always been at the core of VMware’s DNA. This idea rings especially true in the light of last week’s major announcements surrounding our new offerings in the hyper-converged software space, cloud management, and end-user computing business.
Catch a replay of the electrifying 2-day online event in which the below announcements were unveiled, featuring VMware executives including CEO Pat Gelsinger: “Enabling the Digital Enterprise: Build and Manage your Hybrid Cloud.”
Introducing the Digital Workspace
Organizations delivering a digital workspace are enabling users to gain the greatest benefit from a portfolio of devices and applications that are increasingly diverse and heterogeneous. We aim to provide that benefit to you and your customers through the following products:
· VMware Workspace ONE: a brand new product, which blends identity, desktop, and mobile management technologies into one simple and secure enterprise platform. Learn more in the following press release.
· VMware Horizon 7 & Advancements in Horizon Air: enabling the industry’s fastest, easiest, and most affordable application and desktop delivery. Learn more.
We have expanded our Desktop and Application Virtualization tools even further with:
· VMware App Volumes 3.0: modernizing application lifecycle management by simplifying application packaging, delivery, and ongoing management
· VMware User Environment Manager 9.0: simplifying end-user profile management by providing organizations with a single, lightweight and scalable solution that leverages existing infrastructure.
· AirWatch 8.3: A Smarter, More Secure Digital Workspace. New AirWatch release enables a unified user experience and no-password mobile single sign-on, bringing intelligent workflow templates and end-user education tools to IT leaders worldwide.
Introducing the Cloud Management Platform and Hyper-Converged Software Strategies
VMware’s new and improved software-defined approach can help you and your customers build and manage your hybrid clouds. These two new strategies deliver best-in-class virtualization, which will radically simplify management for your digital enterprise.
The new Cloud Management Platform strategy is centered around vRealize Suite 7, a bundle comprised of new and existing products that speeds up IT service delivery, improves IT efficiency, and optimizes IT operations and capital spending:
· (NEW) VMware vRealize Operations 6.2
· (NEW) VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3
· VMware vRealize Automation 7
· VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7
· Additional DevOps Add-on: (NEW) vRealize Codestream 2.0
Furthermore, the announcement of a new release of VMware Virtual SAN last week advanced our enterprise-proven, hyper-converged software leadership:
· Virtual SAN 6.2: extending the cost and efficiency advantages of VMware HCS by delivering up to 10x greater storage efficiency.
· Offers consumption models such as:
o Virtual SAN Ready Nodes
o EMC VxRail HCI Appliance
Learn more about VMware’s Hyper-Converged Software Strategy.
The final major advancement to VMware’s SDDC products is changes in pricing and packaging. In response to market trends and customer use cases, we have simplified both the vRealize Suite and vSphere/vSphere with Operations Managements pricing and packaging structures:
· vSphere and vSphere with Operations Management product line-up has been simplified from 6 SKUs to 3 SKUs – a good, better, best pricing and packaging structure.
· vRealize Suite pricing and packaging structure is now aligned with 3 cloud management platform use cases: intelligent operations, IT Automation and IaaS, and DevOps-Ready IT
· Learn more about Pricing and Packaging updates.
Want to learn more?
· Access the End-User Computing Partner Launch Playbook
· Access the Software-Defined Data Center Partner Launch Playbook
· Visit the Partner Central Product Pages
· Attend product-specific vmLIVE sessions
· Watch the Quarterly Partner Briefing videos
As always, leave us your thoughts below. How do you believe you can leverage these new products and solutions? We look forward to hearing how you do.
The VMware Partner Network Team