Still confused on how VMware software works with OpenStack? This lightboard series on VMware + OpenStack is just what you need. From basic 101 level content to deeper dives discussing NSX integration, these videos will help you understand how VMware technologies can enhance and stabilize an OpenStack deployment.
If you are fairly new to the OpenStack and not new to VMware, I would suggest starting with these first three videos to help level set on OpenStack as a technology decision
- Why OpenStack?
- OpenStack Architecture & Stability
- VMware vRealize and OpenStack: A Side By Side Look
If you want to get a more in-depth understanding of how vSphere, NSX, and vSphere datastores work in the context of OpenStack, here is the playlist
- OpenStack and NSX
- OpenStack and vSphere
- OpenStack Storage & VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Getting ready to deploy VMware Integrated OpenStack
We’re working on quite a few more videos so if you have ideas for concepts you want to learn, please reach out to your VMware account team and they can forward on the request!
Also here are some more helpful resources to get you started on the path to deploying a VMware-based OpenStack Software-Defined Data Center:
- Test Drive VMware Integrated OpenStack in our Hands-On Lab: SPL-SDC-1420: VIO with vSphere and NSX
- Download VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Take our free 3-hour online training course on running OpenStack on VMware infrastructure