Cisco UCS is a common building-block within virtualized data-centers and is used in both converged (including VCE Vblock and NetApp FlexPod) and non-converged infrastructures because it integrates compute, network switching fabric, and an integrated management layer called UCS Manager.
We are pleased to announce that Blue Medora has released a new VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS.
Blue Medora is one of VMware’s partners in the Cloud Management marketplace on VMware Solution Exchange. The vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS is the 6th Management Pack Blue Medora has released over the past year with 6 more Management Packs expected to come in rest of the 2015.
In this post, we are going to dig into the Management Pack for Cisco UCS in more detail:
vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS
Blue Medora extends vRealize Operations by introducing deep visibility into the various components and subcomponents that VMware ESX is dependent upon when vSphere is deployed on UCS. This allows VI Admins to understand how performance, health, or capacity issues in the UCS environment are affecting their VMware workloads and detect when problems are going to happen in the future before they lead to any production outages.
Key features of Blue Medora’s vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS include:
- Autodiscovery of Cisco UCS architecture, objects, and relationships
- Introduction of new vRealize Operations resource types for key UCS components:
- Fabric Interconnect
- IO Module
- Power Supply Unit
- Relationship mapping between UCS objects and corresponding VMware components
- Cisco UCS Manager alerts imported directly into vRealize Operations with over 200 step-by-step resolution recommendations
- Direct connection to Cisco UCS Manager to collect metrics
- Over 100 new UCS-specific health, availability, and performance metrics to vRealize Operations
- Shipped with out-of-the-box report templates, including ‘UCS Blade Port Utilization’ & ‘UCS System Health’
- Includes a comprehensive set of Cisco UCS related dashboards including:
- Relationship View
- Blade Overview
- Chassis Overview
- Fabric interconnects
Beyond simply providing visibility into the intersection of VMware vSphere and Cisco UCS, the discovery and automated relationship-mapping capabilities provided by Blue Medora’s vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS, when used in combination with other VMware or 3rd party MPs, allow VI admins to view the entire infrastructure stack from the application layer all the way down through the vSphere layer to the compute, storage, and networking layers.
The short video demonstrates how VMware vRealize Operations in combination with Blue Medora’s vRealize Operations Management Packs, together, enable IT administrators to visualize and manage an entire IT stack. In this video, a customer is running Oracle Database on VMware where the underlying infrastructure leverages Cisco UCS for Compute and NetApp FAS for Storage:
Blue Medora offers fully functional and fully supported 30 day trials of these Management Packs. Click here to download a trial of this Management Pack.