VMware has released vCenter Operations Enterprise 1.0 (formerly known as Alive Enterprise). With this release, we have now completed the rebranding and integration of Alive into VMware portfolio.
As I stated in earlier blog post, vCenter Operations Enterprise edition offers performance, capacity and configuration management capabilities for both virtual and physical environments and includes customizable dashboards, smart alerting and application awareness. Detailed comparison between various vCenter Operations editions is available here.
Here are some of the features of this new release:
- Completion of rebranding, in product and documents.
- Handle upgrade from VMware Alive Enterprise 7.2 to vCenter Operations Enterprise 1.0
- Performance Optimization for faster root cause calculation and Dynamic Threshold serialization.
- Dynamic Thresholds Algorithm improvements to accommodate for Daylight Savings time
- Introduction of the following new utilities:
- Reporting Repository
- FSDB Cleaner
- Server Auto Configuration
For more details, check the following Links: