We are excited to announce Avi with Cloud Services which includes the Avi PULSE service delivering an always-on, as-a-service consumption model for operational capabilities such as central licensing, security feeds, and proactive support. A set of new SKUs that simplify the consumption of the services in a SaaS and subscription model have been available since Dec 23, 2021 as part of the Avi 21.1.3.
A new tech preview of bot management is also available with this release. Bot management greatly enhances the ability to protect your web applications from bot attacks. It’s an enhancement to Avi’s application security stack that includes WAF, DDoS protection, API protection, AV malware scanning, rate limiting, SSL / TLS encryption, and more.
Avi with Cloud Services – Simplifying App Delivery with Operational Flexibility
Customers have a choice of managing their own Avi Controllers and deploying Avi Service Engines closest to the applications or using hosted controller services from VMware.
Avi with Cloud Services enables customers to simplify operations, accelerate time-to-value, and access proactive support together with the resilience of a self-healing platform. It provides fast time-to-value by deploying full-featured load balancing, WAF, and container ingress services in minutes in any customer environment with automation and self-service. Avi with Cloud Services simplifies operations by reducing complexity in capacity management, application monitoring, handling backups, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting. It proactively detects anomalies, autoscales capacity, recovers from infrastructure failures, and creates support cases automatically without disruptions.
Avi with Cloud Services provides the following as-a-service capabilities in addition to the full-featured load balancing, application security, and container ingress services of the Avi Platform.
- Centralized licensing service offers dynamic load balancing capacity management so that customers can react to the changing needs to their applications in real time by shifting unused capacity from one site to another, whether those loads are deployed on premise or in the cloud. It enables the cloud bursting use case and DR with fast automatic failover.
- Live security threat update feeds daily updates into the WAF to get the latest curated signatures from trusted sources.
- Proactive Zero-touch support provides automated help desk and ticket management systems. It proactively monitors the load balancing environment(s) and automatically registers a support ticket with the VMware support team and generates alarms and logs as soon as anomalies or issues are detected.
For details, please join the webinar on January 20, 2022 at 8:00 am Pacific Standard Time.
App Security – Are You Ready?
40% of web traffic today comes from bots! How do you differentiate human traffic from bot traffic and how can you tell good bots from bad? There is a lot of analytics, learning and intelligence involved in blocking bad actors while avoiding false positives at the same time.
Bot management is an essential layer in the application security stack. It’s vital to detect, classify then act on bot traffic appropriately. Just like the optimized security pipeline, Avi deploys a bot management pipeline composed of bot detection, classification and action stages.
- Bot detection: examines characteristics such as the IP reputation, User Agent, and Origin Network (Autonomous System Number) to determine whether the traffic is from a person or a bot. The framework can be customized to fit specific traffic patterns.
- Bot classification: goes further into granular categorization of good vs. bad bots, dangerous vs. custom bots and more.
- Action: allows, denies, rate limits or sends custom responses based on the identified access types. The security rules are policy-driven and easily customizable.
See bot management in action https://youtu.be/LeWeBbDlnLo