We are extremely proud to bring to you the Hands-on Labs program at VMworld 2020. We wanted to share with you that we have done tons of testing to make sure the apps behind the scenes work together nicely and as a result we created some tips and tricks to help make your experience smooth like butter.
Here is my list of tips and tricks…
- Set your browsers to accept 3rd party cookies
- Use latest version of Chrome for VMworld Online. We love all browsers but for this event Chrome it is.
- Find the largest monitor you can get your hands on – At VMworld in person event we use 24″ monitors but the reality is that most of us use a laptop – mine is a 13″
- Test your local connection against our clouds prior to event http://labs.hol.vmware.com/vmworld/compatibility
- We will have a small Army of Volunteer Product experts to help answer your product questions during the conference. From a support tools perspective we will be using Zoom Chat and for longer in depth discussion we will be using Intercom – Sending a huge shout out to the team at Intercom thanks for all your help !
- Curious about what products we use to operate our Multi Cloud infrastructures – Visit our Command Center Wall – we will be using Twitch to stream our products managing and monitoring our infrastructure. You will get to see products like vRealize Operations, Wavefront, VMware Learning Platform and others. The Command Center Wall is in the Content Catalog next to the Hands-on Labs sections.
- Don’t miss out on our cool Odyssey Championship by visiting our spectator site – We put this together so you could watch the Championship game through Twitch – this is the next best thing to joining us on site. Book mark this link for more details https://odyssey.vmware.com/go.html
I also wanted to introducing the shiny new Pop-Out Mode feature added to our site. A huge thanks to folks that provided feedback on our screen size challenges and thanks to Steven G and team for creating this very cool feature.