We are happy to announce that the vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer 1.0 is Generally Available as of August 23rd, 2022.
What is vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer?
vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer provides end-to-end visibility of the infrastructure and effective monitoring of the supported objects. While the NSX Advanced Load Balancer (NSX ALB) application uses next-generation architecture, delivering application services beyond load balancing, such as application analytics, predictive autoscaling, micro-segmentation, and self-service for app owners in both on-premises or cloud environments. vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer allows you to intelligently monitor and troubleshoot NSX Advanced Load Balancer instances and its entities for smooth operations management.
- Provides monitoring of NSX Advanced Load Balancer resources, associated metrics, and properties
- Provides 3 out-of-the-box dashboards providing a detailed overview of Virtual Services Health, Virtual Services Configuration, NSX Advanced Load Balancer Availability & Health-related details
- Single-pane of glass to view alerts generated across multiple instances of NSX Advanced Load Balancer
NSX ALB Objects it can Monitor:
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer provides inventory monitoring of the following NSX-T resources:
- Controllers / Controller Clusters
- Virtual Services
- Service Engines
- Service Engine Groups
- End-to-end visibility of load-balanced resources across geographies spread across both on-premises and cloud environments.
- Single pane view of the NSX Advanced Load Balancer objects such as controllers, tenants, clouds, virtual services, pools, servers, service engines, service engine groups, and networks, and their metrics, and properties.
- Continuous monitoring of the resource objects deployed in the NSX Advanced Load Balancer. This leads to effective and prompt troubleshooting.
- One-stop view of the availability and health of the supported objects from dashboards and alerts.
- Visualization of object relationships helps to troubleshoot issues by leveraging hierarchical insights using metrics, properties, and health score analytics.
- Unified alert reporting across multiple instances of the NSX Advanced Load Balancer.
- Include customized reports for Cloud Director tenants in their TenantApp for click-through access to NSX Advanced Load Balancer metrics
Steps to Configure:
- Step1: Download the vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer from here.
- Step2: Upload the management pack file to vRops Repository.
- Step3: Install the vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer management pack.
- Step4: Configure the vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX Advanced Load Balancer management pack by adding the NSX ALB account details.
- Step5: Finally view the objects of NSX Advanced Load Balancer objects and their details
Pricing and Support:
Pricing to use this management pack with vRealize Operations is FREE.
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices
This release supports the following license editions of vRealize Operations:
Use Full Links:
Download Link: vROps MP for NSX Advanced LB 1.0 Marketplace Link
Release Notes: vROps MP for NSX Advanced LB 1.0 Release Notes
Documentation Link: vROps MP for NSX Advanced LB Documentation