We’re excited to announce that as of today, VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery is available for VMware Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
Delivered as an easy-to-use SaaS solution with cloud economics, VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery combines cost-efficient cloud storage with simple SaaS-based management for IT resiliency at scale.
Why VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery?
With VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery, you get the ideal combination of cost-efficient cloud storage with simple SaaS-based management for IT resiliency at scale and a ‘pay-as-you-go’ failover capacity model — all with consistent VMware operations across production and DR sites. Below are the main use cases for VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery:
Recover from Ransomware: Non-disruptive validations of immutable cloud-based recovery points ranging from hours to months old and instant powering-on of VMs in the cloud drive confidence in rapid ransomware recovery. By the end of 2021, one organization will fall victim to ransomware every 11 seconds (Source: Cybersecurity Ventures).
Expand or Replace Existing DR Site: Modernized DR operations delivered as a cloud-based service, remove the need to own, rent or maintain secondary DR sites, while reducing the burden on IT teams and driving TCO reductions compared to traditional DR.
Optimize DR Costs: Tune your SLAs and costs to match application requirements and pay only for the protection you need—all within a familiar VMware ecosystem.
Audit-Ready DR: Automated health checks and workflows along with integrated reporting of testing, failover and failback operations drives compliance risk mitigation and provides proof that DR plans are being tested and executed correctly.
Remote Office/ Branch Office (ROBO) DR: Run business applications for up to 20 remote sites to restore apps in the event of a disaster, and manage DR via a centralized SaaS-based management console.
How do end customers benefit from VMware Cloud DR?
- They can save hardware dollars – it’s all in the cloud, so no investment in stand-by capacity is needed
- Customers can optimize DR costs and resource inefficiencies by tuning SLAs to match application requirements. They don’t need to overspend on high availability for Tier 2 and 3 applications – they can simply choose between deployment models: fully on-demand for lowest TCO, and Pilot Light Mode for fastest recovery.
- Customers can map RPO and RTO requirements and align them with their recovery strategies with defined criticality tiers. They can also customize their DR plans with ease of use and flexibility to match their business requirements with resource allocation efficiency.
- Customers can leverage cloud economics with a ‘pay when they need’ failover capacity model and benefit from no upfront application compute costs.
How do partners benefit from VMware Cloud DR?
- Partners don’t need to re-train their entire IT team on a new, unfamiliar solution.
- Partners can test and orchestrate their customer’s DR plans non-disruptively to drive DR readiness.
- Partners can offer end-to-end VMware DRaaS with tightly integrated source vCenters and VMware Cloud on AWS with fast recovery 30-minute RPOs and up to 60% lower TCO than traditional DR.
- Partners can leverage VMware investment by utilizing existing VMware training, operational models and tools as well as consistent operational environment across production and DR sites, offering DRaaS as a 100% SaaS agentless solution.
- And of course partners can offer value-added services to help customers end-to-end in their DR journey, from initial assessments, to defining/ designing the DR plan, to implement, test, and finally operationalize.
How to get started
VMware Cloud DR is available for Managed Service Providers like other MSP services: Sign a commit contract with your preferred aggregator, and then provision the VMware Cloud DR service to your customers via Cloud Partner Navigator.
To get started, contact your aggregator or your Cloud Provider Manager.
- VMware Cloud DR product webpage
- VMware Cloud DR MSP webpage
- Blog: 60% Lower TCO With DRaaS
- Blog: Ransomware Requires DRaaStic Measures (Part I, Part II)
- Tool: Compare your TCO with Traditional DR and DRaaS
- Tool: VMware Cloud DR Sizing and Planning
- VMworld sessions:
- SEC1177 – Ransomware Protection: Unlocking the Power of Security and Resiliency
- CODE2771 – Demystify Cloud Disaster Recovery to Build Resilient Environment
- MCL1202 – VMware DRaaS – Combine Two Services for Comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plans
- MCL2232 – Architecting VMware DR Solutions to Meet Your Recovery Goals
- MCL3018 – Ransomware Recovery Step-by-Step with VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery
- Demo 2916 – Leverage VMware Cloud on AWS as Your DR Site with VMware DRaaS Solutions
- Demo 3044 – VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery RPO
- Demo 3046 – Lower RTOs Achieved with VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery
- Demo 3160 – Implementing Disaster Recovery as a Service