Today, we are excited to announce that VMware vSAN, the key technology behind the industry’s #1 HCI solution, is more affordable than ever for VMware Cloud Providers! Effective August 1, 2019, the VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP) list price for the datacenter versions of vSAN has been lowered up to 50%. For partners looking to deploy vSAN as the final step to achieve Cloud Verified status, then that path now becomes even easier!
Launched in 2013, VMware vSAN is a hyperconverged software-defined storage product that’s optimized for VMware vSphere infrastructure. The industry-leading HCI solution allows you to leverage existing vSphere expertise to simplify and accelerate storage management from a single, natively-integrated virtualization platform.
Amazing value for our partners
Partners ranging from small businesses to large enterprises are using vSAN to run business critical applications. With vSAN, Cloud Providers realize a simplified management experience that’s resilient and efficient in reducing total cost of ownership.
Expedient, a VMware Cloud Provider, is using vSAN for their private and public cloud offerings, including their Enterprise Cloud, to gain enhanced operational efficiency. Other industry-leading Cloud Providers, like CenturyLink, rely on vSAN to store over 10PBs of storage, demonstrating the scale and power of vSAN.
Here are a couple of things that you should know about vSAN:
- vSAN integrates seamlessly with vSphere to simplify storage provisioning and management
- vSAN allows you to granularly scale-out your storage environment to agilely grow and avoid over-provisioning
- Integrated server-side flash means vSAN provides lower latency and higher throughput compared to external flash appliances
- Data is never lost in cases of disk, host or network failures with distributed RAID and cache mirroring fault tolerance policies
50% price reduction with even more value
The price reductions will substantially lower vSAN TCO even further and provide high performance storage optimized for enterprise-class solutions. The price reduction is effective as of August 1, 2019. VMware Cloud Providers can consult the vSAN pricing pages in the Product Usage Guide for more information.
Additional details about the price reduction:
- The price reduction applies to the datacenter version only and does not change the pricing of vSAN for Desktops
- Partners with a standard contract do not need to do anything to receive the benefits of the reduce pricing. They will automatically see the new pricing reflected in August 2019 reporting cycle
- Cloud Providers with custom contracts will continue to benefit from the agreed to savings in their contract
Get started now!
With vSAN, you can increase performance, scale as you grow, and achieve petabyte scale for block storage. Take full advantage of this new pricing to achieve Cloud Verified status, and deliver best-in-class cloud services on the VMware Cloud Provider Platform, the world’s best hybrid cloud platform.
Visit cloud.vmware.com to find all our Cloud Verified partners and to learn more about the benefits of achieving the Cloud Verified badge.
All VMware Cloud Provider Platform, including vSAN, product information (datasheets, FAQs, case studies, and more) can be found here: https://cloudsolutions.vmware.com/resources