The VMware Cloud Foundation team is proud to announce general availability of VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4, bringing forward the latest innovations in full stack Hyperconverged Infrastructure as a Hybrid Cloud Platform. The Bill of Materials for VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 includes the following products as part of the platform offering:
- VMware SDDC Manager 4.4
- vSphere 7.0 Update 3c with Tanzu
- vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3c
- vSAN 7.0 Update 3c supporting enhanced cloud native storage, integrated file services.
- vRealize Suite provides numerous security fixes and enhancements to vRealize log insight 8.6.2, vRealize Operations 8.6.2, and vRealize Automation 8.6.2. Note: VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 deploys vRealize Lifecycle Manager (VRSLCM) 8.6.2, then vRSLCM deploys and provides ongoing LCM of other vRealize Components.
- NSX-T 184.108.40.206, providing security patches for NSX-T.
- VMware Workspace ONE Access 3.3.6
Here are some of the new features in VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4:
- Enhanced AI/ML workload support through integration with NVIDIA AI Enterprise Suite and ability to share vGPUs across multiple instances (read this blog for more details).
- Flexible vRealize Product Upgrades: After upgrading to VCF 4.4, customers will be able to upgrade vRealize products directly through vRealize Lifecycle Manager, instead of waiting for a newer release of VMware Cloud Foundation that has the required vRealize product versions, to become available. Deployment and Upgrade of vRealize products will be managed through vRealize Lifecyle Manager.
- Improvements to upgrade prechecks: Upgrade prechecks have been expanded to verify filesystem capacity, file permissions, and passwords. These improved prechecks help identify issues that you need to resolve to enable a smooth upgrade.
- Disable SSH on ESXi Hosts : This release allows SSH service to be disabled on ESXi hosts in a VCF instance, following the vSphere security configuration guide recommendation
- User Activity Logging : New activity logs will capture all the API invocation calls, along with sufficient User context. User Login/Logout to the UI will also be captured
- Security fixes: This release includes security fixes for Apache Log4j Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046, see VMSA-2021-0028 for more information) and Apache HTTP Server (CVE-2021-40438).
For more information about VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4, refer to the VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 Release Notes
- VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 Frequently Asked Questions
- VMware Cloud Foundation Data Sheet
- VMware Cloud Foundation Technical Documentation
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.