By Gary Blake, Lalitha Ramesh, and Josh Townsend
Designing, configuring, deploying and maintaining multi-cloud is a challenging and time-consuming task, but it is critical to achieving enterprise agility, scale and flexibility for organizations. VMware Cloud Foundation provides consistent infrastructure and operations across private and public clouds to deliver a unified hybrid cloud platform. In addition, it provides a complete set of highly secure software-defined services for compute, storage, network, security, Kubernetes and cloud management across private and public clouds.
Organizations typically rely on their Virtual Infrastructure (VI) admins, in-house experts or VMware Professional Services to deploy various use cases such as VMware Tanzu on top of VMware Cloud Foundation, load balancing or disaster recovery. However, deploying customized use cases in the cloud can pose challenges, including conducting end-to-end validations to analyze and discover optimal system and scale configurations. Often, additional infrastructure configuration work is required before the infrastructure is ready to run enterprise workloads. Admins must integrate with existing infrastructure, security controls and interface with new tools and APIs. Ultimately, this increases deployment time and complexity, taking admins away from other critical tasks.
Announcing VMware Validated Solutions
Today, we are thrilled to announce the launch of VMware Validated Solutions – a vetted portfolio of technical validated solutions designed to help customers build secure, high-performing, resilient and efficient infrastructure for their applications and workloads deployed on VMware Cloud Foundation. Each VMware Validated Solution is fully validated by expert VMware solution architects and can be deployed out of the box with VMware Cloud Foundation. Each solution includes detailed design with design decisions, implementation procedures and, where applicable, automated steps using infrastructure-as-code using Terraform, PowerShell and operational guidance. These solutions also include a Time-to-Deploy value that provides an estimated time to deploy the solution, helping VI admins and architects to plan and deploy the solution.
The first set of solutions available today includes the following:
- Identity and Access Management for VMware Cloud Foundation: Bootstrap your VMware Cloud Foundation platform with secure role-based access control, password management and account policies.
- Developer Ready Infrastructure for VMware Cloud Foundation: A turnkey Kubernetes solution, making VMware Cloud Foundation infrastructure ready for your developers to consume from Day 1.
- Private Cloud Automation for VMware Cloud Foundation: Enable cloud automation services for application delivery, cross-functional collaboration and continuous delivery and release automation across your VMware Cloud Foundation infrastructure with vRealize Automation.
- Advanced Load Balancing for VMware Cloud Foundation: VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer as a Load Balancing solution for VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Intelligent Operations Management for VMware Cloud Foundation: Centralized monitoring and alerting through a single interface to review and act on events and alerts to deliver proactive management of system failures.
- Intelligent Logging and Analytics for VMware Cloud Foundation: Log analysis tool that delivers highly scalable log management with intuitive and actionable dashboards, sophisticated analytics and broad third-party extensibility.
With VMware Validated Solutions, organizations can quickly and easily scale infrastructure and applications running on VMware Cloud Foundation with validated, consumable, repeatable and automated solutions. Infrastructure-as-code samples further accelerate deployments through automated workflows that reduce manual labor and rework, rapidly implementing solutions on VMware Cloud Foundation.
Get started today!
Access VMware Validated Solutions on core.vmware.com and our corresponding Terraform code samples on Github, or install PowerValidatedSolutions PowerShell module from the PS Gallery to get started. You can access Frequently Asked Questions here.
VMware Validated Solutions require an active VMware Cloud Foundation license with SDDC Manager. VMware Validated Solutions are available to customers at no additional cost.
We are also working on additional turnkey VMware Validated Solutions, including solutions based on Site Protection and Disaster Recovery. If you’re interested in learning more about these solutions please visit the VMware Validated Solutions section on core.vmware.com.