Looking to start your engineering career? Join VMware Cloud Management Bootcamp and get the necessary skills to become a Junior Software Engineer at VMware!
What is the Cloud Management Bootcamp?
The Cloud Management Bootcamp is a one-month educational online program for students looking to start their careers as junior software engineers. It will take place from September 13 till October 8 and is free of charge. The students with the best performance will be offered a permanent position as junior engineers at VMware. The participants in the program will gain hands-on experience with the products, technologies and software development life cycle processes within the Could Management Business Unit.
Who are we?
At VMware, we’re building new possibilities for our customers by accelerating digital business transformation. We’re modernizing data centers for greater agility and productivity, integrating public clouds for faster time to market, empowering digital workspaces to improve mobile experiences, and transforming cybersecurity. You can be a part of this amazing transformation that will impact our customers and businesses around the world. How? Join VMware Cloud Management Bootcamp.
The mentors are top engineers from the CMBU teams. By the end of the program the participants will gain knowledge in three main areas:
- How to use the products and services developed and supported by CMBU
- Understand the in-house SDLC processes used for producing the CMBU products
- Get familiar with the technologies used in CMBU – Java, Angular, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, CI/CD and more
In the final week of the program, the participants will work on their final assignment, where they’ll have a chance to apply their new skills on consuming VMware products and services. Participants will receive access to training materials in Pluralsight.
The perfect candidate:
- Is a fourth-year student in Computer Science or related discipline OR a recent graduate
- Has a general understanding of OOP, Design Patterns, and Software Design Principles
- Has on-hand experience authoring Java-based applications – could be а course project part of any educational program the candidate has attended.
- Has web technologies understanding
The most suitable applicants will be students in their last year at university or recent graduates.
The following skills are an advantage:
- General understanding of Relational Databases and experience writing SQL statements
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as Git
These topics will also be covered during the Bootcamp training sessions.
Submit your online application by August 31 here.
Selected candidates will receive a link to a HackerRank task. Based on how they perform, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a short interview.
The online program will take place from September 13 till October 8 – 3 weeks of training and 1 week for the final assignment.
Classes will be held 5 days weekly for up to 5 hours per day of training and mentoring. The agenda will be shared with the accepted candidates.
Good luck to all candidates!
The VMware Cloud Management team