VMworld is right around the corner and as many of you are finalizing your schedules we thought it would be a great time to highlight the PowerCLI activity that will be going on.
Below you will find PowerCLI Sessions, Group Discussion, and Hands on Labs that will be going on during VMworld. Any other updates/hangouts/activities related to PowerCLI that I find out about, will be tweeted with #PowerCLI.
GET READY FOR A GREAT VMworld!
The following is a list of sessions that leverage PowerCLI. The Session ID is linked to the VMworld Catalog description for each.
· HBC1871 – Managing Hybrid Cloud Your Way – Monday, Aug 25, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Manage, monitor, automate, and handle life cycle operations for vCHS components with PowerCLI
· INF3014-SPO – Scripting and Programing Cloud Automation – How To Power Hour – Monday, Aug 25, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Scripting topics include controlling backups with PowerCLI
· STO3034-SPO – Taking Application-Aware Storage to the Next Level with PowerCLI and PowerShell – Wednesday, Aug 27, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
· NET3160-SPO – Automating Host, Guest and Application Deployment in the Software Defined Datacenter with Cisco – Wednesday, Aug 27, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
See how PowerCLI was used along with PowerUCS, Razor and Puppet to ensure successful deployments end to end in their SDDC
· INF1273 – A Technical Deep Dive on Implementing Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) VMware 5 Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for the DoD. – Thursday, Aug 28, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Get insight on how PowerCLI can be leveraged to secure your environment
· INF1601 – Taking Reporting and Command Line Automation to the Next Level with PowerCLI – Thursday, Aug 28, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM <- Alan Renouf & Luc Dekens
***Updated 8/7/2014 *** a second session has been added – Tuesday, Aug 26, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Tips, tricks and best practices. See how PowerCLI is the easiest way to automate your SDDC.
vBrownBag Tech Talks:
If you have not attended the vBrownBag Tech Talk’s in the past, you are missing out on some great community knowledge transfer and friendships. The tech talks will be on the Community Stage in the VMworld Hang Space.
Monday, Aug 25, 4:30 PM – 4:45 PM – Sean Massey – Automating View with PowerShell
***Updated 8/13/2014 *** Monday Aug 25, 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM – Brian Graf – Leveraging PowerCLI in Automating your SDDC
PowerCLI Group Discussion :
It was a hit last year, and we’re bringing this to you again. The group discussion gives others a chance to share their experience and give their view on a product. These are a great way to not only learn more collaboratively, but to share knowledge, and get to know other PowerCLI users like yourselves. This is definitely a rewarding experience.
Hands On Labs (HOL) :
For those who do not know what the Hands-on-labs are yet, the HOL is a virtualized lab powered by VMware that allows users to spin up specific products or scenarios found in the ‘Labs’ section of the site. Users are given several hours to try out products using your web browser. Each self-paced lab is guided with a manual and is also split into modules, allowing you to take all or part of any given lab.
Lab HOL-SDC-1407 (VMware Automation Solutions) – Module 1: From Beginner to the Latest Features with PowerCLI
Lab HOL-SDC-1407 (VMware Automation Solutions) – Module 2: VSAN Automation with PowerCLI
Lab HOL-SDC-1427 – Advanced Software Defined Storage With SPBM and PowerCLI
Lab HOL-HBD-1483 (vCloud Hybrid Service – Manage Your Cloud) – Module 4: Automate resource management in vCloud Hybrid Service with PowerCLI
Lab HOL-SDC-1405 (IT Outcomes – High Availability and Business Continuity/Disaster) – Module 4: Automating Site Recovery Manager Tasks Using PowerCLI