We had some technical difficulties with our podcast provier this week, so we held a short roundtable session. By the time we got on the air, I'd let our guests go for the day, but one, Jon Dybik, did stick around, so we got to talk about virtualizating Microsoft Exchange for a bit anyway.
Still, we did decide to reschedule for next week. #32 Roundtable will be next week, Jan 21, at noon PST, and the topic will be, once again, Virtualizing Exchange (and Domino and BlackBerry). More info here. For this week, listen via the widget on your right or the mp3. Links for our short podcast this week:
Microsoft virtualization licensing
- Microsoft Licensing FAQs
- Windows Server Virtualization Calculators
- Server Virtualisation Part 1 – Server Operating System Licensing – Windows 2008 with/without Hyper V from Microsoft's Emma Healy
- Hey Dad – Microsoft Virtual Machine Licensing Policies (fun video explanation)
- Chris Wolf on licensing: Interpreting Microsoft’s Revised Virtualization Licensing Policy
Edward Haletky's Virtualization Security Round Table Podcast – go NOW (Thursday @ 11:00 am PST / 2:30 pm EST)
- Everything you need is right here on this page: Deploy Exchange on a Dynamic Platform.
- Skip right to the Resources tab if you must.
- This white paper is getting good reviews: Deploying Exchange Server 2007 on VMware Infrastructure: A VMware Internal Case Study