We couldn’t be more excited to release the next major version of VMware Workstation!
Workstation 10 showcases robust new features with unmatched operating system support, a rich user experience, a comprehensive feature set and high performance.
VMware Workstation 10 is designed for professionals that rely on virtual machines to get their job done. We know IT professionals count on VMware Workstation for innovation and reliability and VMware Workstation 10 continues that tradition with features that help you work faster and make your job easier without compromising the quality that you expect from VMware.
Key new features in VMware Workstation 10 include:
- The Latest Operating Systems – Easy Install now recognizes Windows 8.1 and new Linux distributions to make it easier than ever to create current virtual machines. Computers running Windows 8.1 can be converted into virtual machines via an easy-to-use wizard.
- State of the Art Performance – Workstation 10 enables you to create faster, more powerful virtual machines with up to 16 vCPUs, 64GB of memory, 8 TB disks and faster USB connections, a new vSATA controller and twice as many virtual networks.
- Expiring Virtual Machines – Restricted virtual machines can be set to expire at a specified date and time. An expired virtual machine automatically suspends and will not restart without administrator intervention.
- Tablet Sensors – VMware Workstation 10 includes the first-ever virtual accelerometer, gyroscope, compass and ambient light sensor to enable applications running in a virtual machine to respond when a user juggles their tablet.
- Run a Cloud on Your PC – Workstation 10 lets you build a cloud on your PC running popular applications from Pivotal, Puppet Labs and Vagrant.
We hope you enjoy using VMware Workstation 10 as much as we enjoyed creating it.
The VMware Workstation Team
What if I just bought VMware Workstation 9?
If you purchased VMware Workstation 9 (Full license or upgrade) between August 1st and September 30th of 2013, you are eligible for a complimentary electronic upgrade under the VMware Workstation 10 Technology Guarantee Program (TGP). To learn how to get your complimentary upgrade click here.
If you cannot wait for your complimentary upgrade to VMware Workstation 10, we suggest you make the most of our free 30-day trial offer.
Customers with an active support and subscription (“SnS”) contract are eligible to upgrade to Workstation 9 for free in the My VMware portal.
If you would like to discuss Workstation 10 in more detail, please join us in the VMware Workstation community.
To learn more, try, buy, or upgrade, click here (https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/)