At VMworld 2017 the VMTN Community team was excited to announce three major VMTN Community Program Updates, released to help you build your brand:
- VMTN BlogBeat
- VMTN Network Member Program
- The addition of Elsa Mayer to our team, the new Blog Program Manager
VMTN Blog Beat is the new and improved Planetv12n, featuring community bloggers in a single feed. The main objective of the Blog Beat program is to enable bloggers to continue producing exceptional content by driving traffic to their posts from blogs.vmware.com, and other VMware channels. Our new blog program manger, Elsa Mayer, is working on establishing a series of benefits for community bloggers that register as VMTN Network Members:
- Blogger roundtable calls featuring different blogging specialists each month
- Traffic stack-ranking reports from VMware channels to your blog
- Trending blog topic insights using social listening tool Radian6
- Guest blogging opportunities on VMware corporate blogs like Network Virtualization and vSphere
- The top 6 bloggers on Blog Beat each month will receive awesome blogger giveaways and the top 1 will get a free pass to VMworld 2018!
In joining VMTN Blog Beat, bloggers are registering to become VMTN Network Members. This is a program built for branded property owners with the purpose of leveraging the broader audience of the community ecosystem to drive traffic to VMTN Network Members’ pages. The foundation is a community object server built on an Open Source platform called Revive. It serves bi-directional community objects provided by Network Members into 1,000s of community webpages, including VMware internal blog pages, the VMTN homepage, and VMTN Netework Members’ platforms. Further benefits of signing-up for VMTN BlogBeat & Network Membership include:
- An invitation to the VMTN Network beta – your content will be among the first to populate the server and your feedback will help shape the program
- Automatic inclusion to the VMTN Blog Beat RSS Stream
If you’re a blogger (or a podcaster) in the VMware community ecosystem, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with the VMTN Community, and increase your audience. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the Network!
Please go here to register.
If you want to learn more about these programs, here are some additional resources and opportunities:
- Listen to VMware Communities Roundtable Podcast #401
- Tune in to the livestream of Elsa Mayer’s VMworld Europe session VMTN6741E: Power Blogging with VMware (Wed 11:45PM PST/Thurs September 14th 8:45AM GMT)
- Follow @VMTNcommunity & @VMTNblogbeat on Twitter
- Visit the VMTN Community Area at VMworld Europe
- Meet Elsa on YouTube
Questions on these programs? Please reach out to the VMware Community Group at <firstname.lastname@example.org>