Welcome to a weeklong special edition of Virtual Reality – live from VMworld 2012 in San Francisco, California. It’s going to be an amazing week for the VMware community with numerous opportunities to network, learn, and interact with each other. As the importance and attendance of VMworld has grown, we know (and expect) our competitors will try to grab the limelight as they have in the past. Despite suggestions of slowing down, there is no way to avoid one of the most amazing things about VMworld this year – the sheer number of customers who will be sharing their VMware success stories this week. Each day, I will highlight the customers who are here to talk about their virtualization and cloud successes using VMware products. They include Fortune 500, midsize and small companies, leading educational institutions, and government agencies, and all of the stories will come directly from the customers themselves. That is real momentum.
PROVEN AND TRUSTED PLATFORM FOR BUSINESS CRITICAL APPS
- General Mills, one of the world’s largest food companies and owner of Pillsbury, Green Giant, Cheerios, and Betty Crocker brands, will be presenting their experiences virtualizing Microsoft Exchange 2010 on vSphere 5.
- Indiana University, a leading research and teaching institution, will be sharing how they’ve been able to rapidly virtualize its enterprise-class Oracle database systems with VMware vSphere.
SECURE AND RELIABLE
- Autodesk and CSC have deployed vShield Endpoint in their datacenter, delivering agentless security with offloaded anti-virus and anti-malware processing.
PROVEN PRIVATE, PUBLIC, AND HYBRID CLOUD DEPLOYMENTS
- Lufthansa, eMix, StarAlliance, Columbia Sportswear, eMeter (a Siemens business), and IPsoft will be part of a super panel that will share their cloud use cases and deployment outcomes. These VMware customers will also answer audience questions about their infrastructure must haves, security, provider selection, and results.
- Symantec, DST Systems, and McKesson will be part of another panel sharing how they’ve successfully used vCloud Director to deliver complete and isolated infrastructure to software developers and testers in lab management environments.
- The U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration developed the federal government’s first secure hybrid community cloud based on VMware vSphere, vCloud Director and vShield. YOURcloud is based on the award-winning innovations in Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Infrastructure On-Demand (IoD) cloud platform.
- Oxford University will be showcasing their real world vCloud DR solution built with SRM in conjunction with vSphere PowerCLI to automate the end-to-end recovery of a vCloud Director-based infrastructure.
- Bluelock, a VMware vCloud Datacenter Services partner, will be sharing how they mapped an evolutionary path to a fully virtualized datacenter with VMware solutions.
And that’s just Monday! Stay tuned for what’s in store on Tuesday!