This week VMware published its fourth-quarter financials, beating market expectations and announcing record annual revenue for fiscal 2019. Since a big part of this success is attributed to the steady growth of vSAN, we thought it was time for a State of vSAN episode. This week we welcome back VP of Products, Lee Caswell and vSAN SE Manager James LeFort to share their perspectives on the evolution of HCI and what’s ahead for vSAN.
- 2:15 Introducing James LeFort
- 4:50 How has VMware changed over the years?
- 7:35 James recalls his most difficult customer
- 12:25 The fun part of being a vSAN SE
- 17:40 Introducing Lee Caswell
- 18:29 Examining the benefits of hyper-growth markets
- 20:08 A subtle change in customer perspective
- 25:00 The evolution of the datacenter
- 30:20 Cloud vs on-premises requirements
- 34:30 What’s next for HCI?
Since John and I were in VMware HQ last week, we decided to record part of the podcast in the fancy VMware studios. Below is the video of the conversation we had with James LeFort.
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha and John Nicholson bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com and follow on twitter @VirtSpeaking.