Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software-Defined Storage vSAN

#StorageMinute: Intelligent I/O Management

Welcome to the #StorageMinute series where we deliver key topics via bite-size content. In this edition, we’ll go over Intelligent I/O Management.















The Adaptive Resync capabilities of vSAN maximize the ability for resynchronization traffic to use as much bandwidth as possible while limiting the performance impact on VM I/O. During periods of contention, VSAN ensures that resync I/Os are assigned no less than 20% of the available bandwidth, leaving the remaining 80% for VM workload. When there is no contention there are no limits applied.



The following article provides more information about intelligent I/O management using vSAN Adaptive Resync





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.