For many IT organizations security is top of mind. VMware introduced advanced security for the modern data center with the release of vSphere 6.5, and are now extending security to vSAN with the industry’s first native HCI security solution, vSAN Encryption. So how does this differ from VM encryption in vSphere 6.5? This week Aaron Buley and Dave Morera bring the decryption key to help us better understand vSAN Encryption.
Aaron Buley is a Global Director for VxRail and VxRackSDDC at DellEMC. In addition to kicking cancer's tail, Aaron has been producing really great "Short Education Videos" (SEV Ops) with Tyler Gates and Russ Cantwell. You can find them on the SEV Ops YouTube channel. Follow Aaron on twitter @AaronBuley.
Dave Morera is a VMware Solutions Architect focussing on vSAN. When he's not sharing the goodness of vSAN you will probably catch him jamming on his drums and guitars while sipping home brewed beverages. Subscribe to his blog at www.greatwhitetec.com and follow him on twitter @GreatWhiteTec.
Show Related Links
- Code Keepers: vSAN Encryption
- vSAN Encryption Configuration
- VIDEO: Setting up vSAN Encryption
- vSAN Encryption vs VM Encryption
- Short Educational Videos (SEV Ops)
Catch Dave Morera's VMworld sessiona
- STO2652BU Conducting a Successful vSAN 6.x Proof of Concept
- STO2865QU HCIBench: Performance Benchmarking and More
Catch Pete and John in the following sessions
- STO2446BU Virtual Volumes Technical Deep Dive
- STO3276GU vSAN Networking and Design Best Practices
- STO2047BU What’s New in vSAN 6.6: Technical Deep Dive
- STO2095BU vSAN ReadyNode and Build Your Own Hardware Guidance
- PAR4398BCU VMware Technical Solutions Professional – Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (VTSP-HCI, formerly VTSP-SDS)
- PAR4367BU What’s New in vSAN 6.6 – A Deep Dive
- STO1926BU vSAN 6.6: A Day in the Life of an I/O
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha (@vPedroArrow) and John Nicholson (@Lost_Signal) bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud.